Whereas as to what you promised where the hell are the commissioners?
但你的保证呢 特使团都他妈的在哪呢
Oh my God It's true.You you lied to me, Mr. Lincoln.
天啊 原来是真的 您 您骗了我 林肯先生
You evaded my requests for a denial that-that there is a Confederate peace offer because because there is one.
您不让我否认 邦联提出求和的传言 因为确有此事
We are absolutely guaranteed to lose the whole thing.
我们绝对全盘皆输
We don't need a goddamned abolition amendment.
我们不需要什么该死的废奴修正案
Leave the Constitution alone! What if, what if these peace commissioners appear today, or or worse, on the morning.State by state you can extirpate
别揪着宪法不放了 假如 假如 特使团今天出现了 或者 或者更糟 一大早 你可以一个州一个周的根除
I can't listen to this anymore.
我听不下去了
I can't accomplish a goddamned thing of any human meaning or worth until we cure ourselves of slavery,
在我们把自己从奴隶制里解救出来之前 在这场乌烟瘴气的战争结束之前
and end this pestilential war,and whether any of you or anyone else knows it,I know I need this.
我无法做任何对人类有价值的事情 不管你们或其他人是否了解 我知道我需要它
This amendment is that cure.We're stepped out upon the world's stage now, NOW.
这份修正案就是解救我的良药 现在我们走上了世界舞台 现在
With the fate of human dignity in our hands.
人类尊严的命运掌握在我们手中
Blood's been spilt to afford us this moment.Now now now.
多少鲜血才成就了今时今刻 现在 现在 现在
But you grousle and heckle and dodge about like pettifogging Tammany Hall hucksters.
可你们就知道抱怨 质问 逃避 跟一群无知的坦幕尼小丑一样
See what is before you.
看看摆在你们面前的是什么
See the here and now! That's the hardest thing,the only thing that accounts.
睁眼看看现实 这才是最大的困难 也是唯一有意义的事情