In To Be the Poet,
在《成为一名诗人》里,
I make a manifesto for poetry
我做了一个诗歌的宣言,
and in that book I set down my intentions for what I wanna do with the rest of my life.
正是在那里我确定了自己的想法,余生想要做的事情。
And, in thinking about myself as a poet,
想到我自己作为一名诗人,
I went back to my beginnings and I tried to remember as far back as I could go,
我回到开头,试着尽可能的想起我能想到的事,
where did the poetry come from?
诗歌是从何而来?
And I know that it came when I was a child and it came in Chinese.
我知道是在儿时听到的中文诗。
And not just any ... not a standard Chinese, not Mandarin or Cantonese but a dialect
不仅仅是任何……不是标准的中文,不是普通话或者广东话,而是方言,
and, so I want to read you the beginning of this manifesto and my thoughts about poetry and how it comes and preparing the way for a larger poem.
因此我想读这段宣言的开头给你们听,这里讲述了我对诗歌的想法,以及它从何而来,并为更长的诗篇做了铺垫。
I have almost finished my long book, let my life as poet begin.
我几乎已经写完了一本长书,开始我的诗歌人生。
I want the life of the poet.
我想要成为一名诗人。