I have laboured for over twelve years, one thousand pages of prose.
我已经辛苦写作了20多年,写了1000页的散文。
Now I want the easiness of poetry.
现在我想要轻松些,写写诗歌。
The brevity of the poem.
诗歌很简洁,
Poets are always happy,
诗人们总是快乐的,
I want to be always happy.
我也想要时常快乐。
No plotting anymore plots.
没有再多的情节。
For the long book (about the long wars in Vietnam and in the Middle East),
因为书(有关越南和中东耗时长久的战争 ,
I sacrificed time with my child, grown and gone, and my husband and family and friends, who should have been loved more.
我为之牺牲了和孩子们,我的丈夫、家庭和朋友们共处的时光一去不复返,他们本该得到我更多的爱。
The long book has got to be done soon, and I'll be free to live.
那本长篇已经快写完了,我就自由了。
I won't be a workhorse anymore: I'll be a skylark. Free of obligations.
不会再那么高负荷工作了:就像无牵无挂的云雀。
I am sixty years old; I have enough reputation and fame and money.
我已经60岁了,有足够的声名和金钱。
Poets don't care too much for money.
诗人们并不太在乎钱财。
I declare to you: I'm making a try for poetry.
这是我的声明:我要尝试着写诗歌。
Say one becomes Poet by grace ... beauty and truth hap upon the Poet ... all gift, no labour ...
一个人优雅的成为诗人……拥有美丽和真实,所有的天赋,不再辛苦……
the muse flies over, and drops jewels upon the poet's head and into open hands, I will go about lifting an empty basket to the air.
智慧的缪斯飞过,在诗人的头顶和张开的双手撒下珍宝,我会继续将空着的篮子举向天空。
I want poetry to be the way it used to come when I was a child.
我想要诗歌成为,我儿时接触它时的模样。