How do you bear being struck?
你是怎么忍下挨打的
Miss Scatcherd hits me to improve me.
斯盖奇德小姐打我是为了我好
She's tormented by my faults.
她因我的错误而苦恼
If she hit me, I'd get that birch and break it under her nose.
要是她打我 我就夺下那树棍 当着她的面掰断它
She'd find another soon enough.
她很快就能再找一根
My father used to preach that life's too short to spend in nursing animosity.
我父亲总说人生苦短 不要满心怨恨
At my aunt's house, I was solitary and despised.
在我舅妈家 我很孤独 没人看得起我
She thought I could do without one bit of love or kindness.
她觉得她对我不该得到一点爱和仁慈
You are loved.
你活在爱中
There's an invisible world all around you,
你周围有个无形的世界
a kingdom of spirits commissioned to guard you, Jane.
一个圣灵的国度在守护你 简
Do you not see them?
你没看到他们吗