I've examined Adele. And I find you've taken great pains with her.
我检查了阿黛尔的功课 我发现你在她身上花了很多功夫
She's not bright. She has no talents.
她不聪明 天赋平平
Yet in a short time, she's improved.
但短短时间里她进步很大
Thank you, Mr. Rochester.
谢谢 罗切斯特先生
You've been resident here three months?
你来这里有三个月了吧
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
And from whence do you hail?
你从何处来
What's your tale of woe?
有什么悲惨故事
Pardon?
您说什么
All governesses have a tale of woe.
家庭教师都有个悲惨故事
What's yours?
你的是什么
I was brought up by my aunt, Mrs. Reed of Gateshead, in a house even finer than this.
我的舅妈 盖茨黑德府的里德夫人抚养我长大 家庭条件比这里还要好
I then attended Lowood school where I received as good an education as I could hope for.
之后我去了罗沃德学校就读 接受到我所期望的良好教育
I have no tale of woe, sir.
我没有什么悲惨故事 先生
Where are your parents?
你的父母呢
Dead.
去世了
And why are you not with Mrs. Reed of Gateshead now?
为什么现在你不和盖茨黑德府的里德夫人住在一起了呢
She cast me off, sir.
她把我赶出来了 先生
Because I was burdensome and she disliked me.
因为我是个累赘 她讨厌我
No tale of woe?
这不是悲惨的故事吗