My lords,ladies and gentlemen,the Grand Vizier's Flight.
大人们 女士们 先生们 《大臣的远行》
May I have the honour? How kind,cousin.
我能有幸邀请您跳一支舞吗 非常荣幸
Miss Austen. Mr Wisley.May I have the pleasure of this next dance?
奥斯汀小姐卫斯理先生 我可以邀请您跳支舞吗?
Oh,no,we're so late.Take care.Oh,thank you,Tom.Hurry. Lucy.
哦 不 我们迟到了 小心 谢谢 汤姆 快 露茜
Oh!I am mortified.I practised,but it won't stick.What a lovely pair they make.
噢 我实在是太丢人了 我练了好多次 但总是跟不上节奏 他们真是登对
Ah,Sister.What do you make of Mr Lefroy?We're honoured by his presence.
啊 姐姐 你觉得勒弗罗伊先生怎么样 他的出席是我们无上的荣幸
You think?He does,with his preening,prancing,Irish-cum-Bond-Street airs.
你这么觉得? 当然 你看他油头粉面 昂首阔步的样子 混和着爱尔兰和伦敦邦德街的装腔作势
Jane.Well,I call it very high indeed,refusing to dance when there are so few gentleman.
简 我已经口下留情了 就那么几个男士 他居然还拒绝邀舞
Henry,are all your friends so disagreeable? Jane.Where exactly in Ireland does he come from,anyway?Limerick Miss Austen.
亨利 你的朋友都那么讨厌吗 简 到底是从爱尔兰的那里来的? 我来自利默尼里克 奥斯汀小姐
I would regard it as a mark of extreme favour if you would stoop to honour me with this next dance.
如果您愿意与我共舞下一支曲子 我会感到无上光荣
Being the first to dance with me,madam,I feel it only fair to inform you that you carry the standard for Hampshire hospitality.
由于您是我的第一位舞伴 女士 我觉得有必要告诉您 您的举止将是我评价 汉普郡人是否热情友好的标准
Ah,then your country reputation depends on my report.
您在本地的名声也将取决于我对您的评价
This,by the way,is called a country dance,after the French,contredanse.
顺便提一下 这叫做乡村舞 是从法语借用的词