The big waves had brought surfers from all over the world,
巨浪带来世界各地的冲浪者
but this was definitely a day for the professionals.
但这注定是专业人士的一天
Bali was going to have to use all his surf experience to get the shots without risking his safety.
巴利准备拿出全部的冲浪经验,在保证自身安全的情况下拍摄
Positioning was going to be everything. This really is a dangerous sport.
拍摄角度决定一切。这真是一项危险的运动
Superficially, it looks a bit like skiing down the face of a mountain.
表面上,它看起来有点像从山峰表面滑雪下来
The difference here is that the mountain is actually chasing YOU and wanting to gobble you up as you go along.
不同的是山不会追赶你,并将你在前滑的时候吞没
This is what we came for.
这就是我们要的
Bali got into position for his first shot of the day - a ten-foot barrel wave.
巴利进入当天第一次拍摄的位置,10英尺高的卷浪
Capturing a shot like this leaves little margin for error, as Bali discovered.
正如巴利发现的,这样的抓拍不容一丝错失
I tried to hold on as long as I could and it sucked me over the falls afterwards.
我试着尽可能继续坚持,然后水流把我吸了下去
This thing is so heavy, I was in the foam, inside, trying to get up.
这东西太重,我在泡沫里面努力游上来
My right leg cramped and I couldn't get up for ages.
我的右腿抽筋,好久浮不上来
I was just lucky there wasn't really much behind it, or I'd still be in there trying to get out. Phew!
我确实很幸运,后面没有更多的浪,不然我可能还在那里面挣扎
For the next shots, Bali's position in the waves was right on the money.
第二次拍摄时,巴利在浪里的位置恰到好处
Using the slow-motion camera underwater had paid off,
为这台水下慢动作摄像机花的钱值了
here, for the first time, revealing the vortices created by huge waves.
这里首次揭露了巨浪产生的漩涡
Then the shot that crowned a perfect day. I shot it. I wasn't sure how good it was.
然后的拍摄使这天成为美妙的一天。我拍了下来,但不确定拍得怎样
I've watched it back and I've still got shivers in my spine,
回放片子时,我异常激动
because it's probably the best shot I've ever got in the water, without a doubt.
因为那可能是我在水中拍过的最好的影片,毫无疑问
And here it is. Big-wave surfer Dylan Longbottom
就是这个。巨浪冲浪者戴兰·隆巴顿
in a 12-foot, monster barrel wave filmed in super slow motion - the first shots of their kind ever recorded.
在12英尺高的巨型卷浪里,这是第一次用超级慢动作拍摄
And this time, Bali's action the wave was perfect.
这一次,巴利拍到的卷浪内的通道非常完美