I shall never forgive Henry for this.
我不会原谅亨利的
Yes,you will. We always forgive him for everything.
你会的 他做什么 你都会原谅他的
Jane,an old friend.Late as ever.
简 老朋友了 还是像原来一样姗姗来迟
Madame le Comtesse,Miss Austen.Mr Lefroy.
伯爵夫人 奥斯汀小姐 勒弗罗伊先生
Please allow me to introduce to you
请允许我向你介绍
your most avid of admirers,my daughter,Miss Lefroy.
你最热烈的崇拜者 我女儿 勒弗罗伊小姐
Miss Austen,what a pleasure to meet you.
奥斯汀小姐 非常荣幸认识您
Will you read for us this evening?
您今晚会为我们朗读吗
Ah,well,you see, my sister never reads.
我妹妹从不在公众面前朗读
Otherwise,how else is she supposed to remain anonymous?
否则她怎么保持不为世人所知呢?
But,Jane.I will make an exception if my new friend wishes it.
但是 简 如果我的新朋友想要的话 我会破例一次
Come,sit by me.She is lovely,Tom.
来吧 坐到我身边来 她真可爱 汤姆
She began now to comprehend that he was exactly the man who,in disposition and talents would most suit her.
她开始理解 他无论在个性方面和才能方面 都百分之百是一个 最适合她的男人
His understanding and temper,though unlike her own would have answered all her wishes.
纵使他的见解 他的脾气 和她自己不是一模一样 可是一定能够叫她称心如意
It was an union that must have been to the advantage of both.
这个结合对双方都有好处
By her ease and liveliness his mind might have been softened,his manners improved
女方从容活 可以把男方陶治得心境柔和 作风优雅
and from his judgment,information and knowledge of the world,she must have received benefit of greater importance.
男方精明通达 阅历颇深 也一定会使女方得到莫大的裨益
But no such happy marriage could now teach the admiring multitude what connubial felicity really was.
可惜这件幸福的婚姻已无可能 天下万千想要缔结真正幸福婚姻的情人 从此也错过了一个借鉴的榜样