Because in many ways, this sounds like mysticism.
因为在很多方面,这听上去像神秘主义
And part of it is mystical still not understandable
一部分是很神秘,仍无法理解
but we are going to talk about as much as we know why it works and how it works.
但我们会谈到我们所知的信念为什么会起作用及如何起作用
There is unfortunately a lot of misunderstanding about optimism.
可惜,人们对乐观主义有很多误解
Because the self-help movement in many ways is about telling us how it's all about the power of the mind,
因为自助运动在很多方面是在告诉我们信念力量是怎么回事
talk about "Think and grow rich", the book; we'll talk about the secrets
提到《思考致富》那本书我们会讨论各种秘密
which is about creating our reality through our thoughts.
它们如何通过思想创造现实
And there's some truth to these but only some truth.
其中有些是事实,但仅是部分
We are going to bridge Ivory tower and Main Street, and show the science and also the danger behind that belief.
我们将连通象牙塔和主街说明那个信仰背后的科学和危险
Most importantly, how do we apply?
最重要的是如何应用?
How do we enhance the belief in ourselves
如何加强我们的信念
if there's such high correlation and there's a very high correlation
如果真有这么紧密的关联如果希望
and predictive power to a sense of hope, to a sense of optimism, to beliefs.
乐观主义和信念真的有着非常紧密的关联和预测力
If they so much determine our outcome, in the athletic field,in the workplace, in a relationship
如果它们决定我们的产出无论在体育场上还是在工作地点,在人际关系上
if it matters so much, then how can we raise our beliefs?
如果它如此重要,那么该如何加强信念?
And we'll talk about work by Bandura on self-efficacy,
我们会谈到Bandura对自我效能的研究
or by Nathaniel Branden on self-esteem.
谈到Nathaniel Branden对自尊的研究
How we can make a dream into reality whether it's political dream
如何才能将梦想变成现实可以是政治梦想
we'll talk about Martin Luther King's dream approach how he did it and what he did;
我们将谈到马丁路德金的"梦想法"他是如何做到,做了什么