手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 导师加里的人生体会 > 正文

到底什么才是真正的创业

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The overpromise of what success looks like is what's causing people to lose.

我们对成功期望过高是我们失败的主要原因。
It, it leads to a bigger conversation of self-awareness.
这就引出了一个非常棘手的问题,关于自我认知的讨论。
I think the biggest mistake most of us make is we hope who we are instead of auditing who we are.
我认为多数人都会犯的一个错误是,他们希望成为理想中的自己,但并不会审视自己。
Okay, like everybody wants to be somebody.
对的,所有人都想成为怎样怎样的人物。
Like, look I really want to be the fucking quarterback of the New York Jets but truth is,
其实,我非常想成为“纽约喷气机”的四分卫,
like I don't have it like that.
但是我不能。
Like I don't have those pieces. And I think everybody believes that they can be an entrepreneur,
我没那个本事,就像所有人都想成为企业家,
a businessperson, yeah, and the truth is there's a ton of kids right now,
都想成为商人一样,但现在有许多年轻人,
who could be the number two, or the number three or the number four.
他们称得上是公司里的二号,三号或是四号人物。
The number six guy at Facebook made a fuck load of money. Yeah.
你知道“脸书”的六号人物,他的薪水很高的。
And right now that guy and that gal because of all the entrepreneurship talk, is trying to start a company.
而就是因为这次创业对话,他们想自己创业了。
There're a lot of people, especially when they were built to be good students and be good number fours and sevens
现在有许多人学习成绩非常好,成为了企业中举足轻重的人物,
that when they go to be a one and after a life full of winning,
但当他们开始创业,成为老大后,他们的人生曾经有许多成功,
because they understood that system, they go into the actual marketplace,
就是因为他们知道这样的体制,他们真真正正走上了商界,
no more rich friends and families and connections and private school and good universities.
人们再也不会说谁的朋友有钱,哪户人家有钱,上什么私立学校,名牌大学什么的。
Nobody gives a fuck who your dad is.
没人会在乎你爸爸是谁。
It's almost like when rap got big,
这就像当年说唱音乐轰动一时,
everybody just decided that they were gonna be a rapper.
所有人都想成为说唱歌手。
Like you can't just decide you're gonna an entrepreneur.
就像你不能决定你是不是企业家一样。
I think a lot of people have been extending their college lives and disguising it as entrepreneurship.
许多人延长了他们的大学时间,一心一意创业。
I worked fucking hard for my money.
我曾经特别努力地挣钱。
I came here with zero.
我刚来的时候一无所有。
I didn't have a single fucking vacation day or weekend since I was in the seventh grade.
我从七年级开始,没有享受过一个假期,就连周末都没有。
I'm not pumped about losing my money.
我很怕给我带来经济上的损失。
You have a lot of people that are built DNA-wise and skill-wise and have studied
你们许多人非常聪明,非常有能力,
and went through school and have been formed
学习又好,上名牌大学,
and have trained to be unbelievable consultants at Bain and McKinsey and other places,
之后成为麦肯锡、贝恩咨询等著名企业的咨询师,
have a great career, and then get involved in entrepreneurial ventures
事业前景广阔,之后开始自己创业,

Gary Vaynerchuk.jpg

when they can leverage the monies they made

自己也有了一定创业资金,
and invest in things of that nature who are starting consumer apps out the gate and
他们立马投资了客户手机应用,
have no fucking clue how to be a truebred entrepreneur
但他们根本就不知道怎么成为一名真正的创业者,
because they don't have the stomach to deal when the market says go fuck yourself.
因为在市场环境不好的时候,他们就没想过怎么处理。
I think that we've just lived through the golden era of people saying they were entrepreneurs
我们已经经历了“我是创业者”这么一个黄金时代,
but what they were was they were operators that were building machines
他们不是创业者,他们是制造机器的操作者,
A.K.A. companies that were built for financial arbitrage.
说明白一点就是操作金融套利的公司。
People have been building startups that are predicated on raising the next round.
人们创业的目的是要套利。
You've been building your company for user growth to raise your next round.
用户数量上升了,你就会获得更多的利益。
You're not building a company.
你这不是在创业。
We are lacking self-awareness in this space in a very substantial way.
我们在很大程度上缺少自我认知。
And there's a lot of people that are about to be met with a lot of disappointment,
许多人最后的结果都是让人失望的,
and are stuggling and one thing we're not talking about is the level of success.
苦苦挣扎,还有一点我没有谈到的是对于成功的看法。
Everybody thinks they have to build fucking Uber.
我们都想创立像优步这样的公司。
Everybody thinks they have to make millions of dollars.
所有人都想成为百万富翁。
It's unbelievable what we've done. I absolutely want to make sure
现在真的是不可思议,我想说的是,
that we're starting to have real conversations.
我们真的要好好谈一谈。
Making 100,000 dollars a year that's massively successful.
每年挣10万美金,这已经是非常大的成功了。
We need to recalibrate what success looks like in our space
我们要对成功重新定义,
because we're forcing through the branding of what we're doing very impractical, very high risk,
因为我们总是给自己贴标签,这非常不实际,风险还很大,
very low return results for so many cause everybody is shooting for 10 billion.
收效不高,因为所有人都想挣那100亿。
And if we keep telling everybody that it's so easy to do it.
但如果我说这么做很容易。
And if we don't start talking about that the entry level to be in the top 1% earners
但如果我不说美国最富有的那1%,
in America is only 400,000 dollars a year.
他们的年薪也不过40万美金,
And I use the word only because nobody here is even in the mindset of million dollar or bust, right?
我说的是“也不过”,因为没人会想着那一百万或是破产对吗?
We need to start having proper conversations.
我们真的需要好好讨探讨一下。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
leverage ['li:vəridʒ]

想一想再看

n. 杠杆(作用,力量),举债经营 v. (使)举债经营

联想记忆
entrepreneur [.ɔntrəprə'nə:]

想一想再看

n. 企业家,主办者,承包商

联想记忆
entrepreneurial [,ɔntrəprə'nə:riəl]

想一想再看

adj. 企业家的,创业者的;中间商的

 
substantial [səb'stænʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 实质的,可观的,大量的,坚固的
n.

联想记忆
entry ['entri]

想一想再看

n. 进入,入口,登记,条目

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
impractical [im'præktikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不切实际的,不实用的

 
bust [bʌst]

想一想再看

n. 半身像,胸部,萧条,破产 v. 打碎

联想记忆
disappointment [.disə'pɔintmənt]

想一想再看

n. 失望,令人失望的人或事

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。