手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 导师加里的人生体会 > 正文

给大学毕业生的忠告

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I'm scared. I'm super scared.

我特别害怕,真的特别害怕。
I'm scared because I know exactly what happens this month every year, every year.
我害怕是因为我知道这个月要发生什么,而且每年如此。
For the rest of time or actually not the rest of time, hopefully this will end soon but,
在未来的一段时间,不是未来了,我希望它能快点结束但是,
I'm scared, I'm scared because I know that there are so many of you that graduate this month
我害怕是因为这个月又会有许多大学毕业生,
and have no fucking idea what you want to do and that's okay, most people don't.
而他们未来想干什么,他们一点都不知道,但这没关系,多数人都不知道。
You should not be stressed about that.
不要因为这件事而倍感压力。
I'm actually not scared about that.
我害怕的不是这个。
I'm scared that you don't realize that you're entering the greatest five-year window of your life.
我害怕的是你们没有意识到,你们正在经历一生当中最美好的五年。
If you are 22 years old and graduating from college shit,
如果你今年22岁,大学毕业,
if you're 22 years old and not graduating from college,
如果你今年22岁,但还没有毕业,
if you are 22 years old, you are entering, first of all, some of the greatest years of your life, A,
如果你今年22岁,那么我首先要告诉你,你正在经历一生当中最好的年华,
but B, this is the moment, watch this video twice.
但是,你一定要把这个视频看两遍。
If momma's watching this, send this to your daughter Sally right now,
如果你妈妈正在观看这段视频,马上让女儿萨利看看,
because you have to understand this next five-year window is when you don't go practical and safe.
因为你要明白的是,未来五年不是讲实际,不是讲稳定的五年。
This is not the time to get the job mom wanted you to.
也不是听妈妈的话,妈妈让你做什么你就做什么的五年。
This is not the time to try to maximize as much money, so you can buy a fat whip.
它也不是让你挣大钱的五年,让你能在这五年买上豪车。
This is a time to realize that you have a five-year window and it's three for some it's eight for others,
你要认识到你有这五年最好的年华,或许你这三年干这个,这八年干这个,
but this is a five-year window for you to attack the life that you want to win
但在这五年中,你要赢得人生中的一场战役,
not because it's a secret or cause the world is so zest, cause it's fucking hard as shit out there.
不是因为它是个秘密,不是因为别的,因为这五年会相当艰难。
As a matter of fact, I'm probably more scared about your naive to how hard,
其实,我会比较担心你们对困难的承受度,怕你们还太无知。
Class is easy, right. What you been doing for the last 16 years is easy.
上学很容易,你过去16年做的事情非常简单。
It's a fucking bullshit game. It's structured, it's easy.
非常容易,这些都是安排好的,容易极了。
The world, this thing, this thing is hard.
而外面的世界,这些是不容易的。
However that contradicts what I'm gonna tell you right now which is
但是,这又和我刚才说的恰恰相反,
this is the best and easiest five years of your life
我说这五年是你最好,也是最轻松的五年,
because this is when you need to attack what you love and what you want to do.
因为这五年是你实现梦想的五年。
Here's why. You don't have all the baggage.
我来告诉你为什么,因为你没有太多负担。
You may have college loans, respect it's as hard as shit.
你可能有还贷压力,学费贷款,其实这个还是不容易的。
You may have the expectations of your parents.
父母对你也会有所期望。
Mentally hard, fake hard.
不管是内在还是外在,这都会给你增加压力。
You may have a lot of other things but this is exactly when you can live with four roommates in a basement
你或许还有其它东西,但就是现在,你可以和四名室友住地下室,
and eat fucking fast food. Do you understand?
吃垃圾食品,明白我说的意思吗?
This is not when the baby's there. Some of you have babies.
你还没有到生儿育女的时候,有些人有这种情况。
This is not when you've been married and you promised.
还不到你结婚生子,做出承诺的时候。
This is not when the world has sucked out all your dreams and hopes yet.
现在还没到你梦想破灭,希望破灭的时候。
You still got this window and yet so many of you are so hungry for short-term, short-term gains.
你还有时间,但是有些人急于获得眼前的利益。
Like maximizing the job that paid you 3000 dollars more but it's not as fun
比如去做月薪3000美金的工作,但你并不快乐,
but you want the 3000 dollars. For what? For what?
但你需要这些钱,为什么,为什么?
For a new iPhone? For what?
是为了一部苹果手机? 还是为了什么?
You get to live life one time and this is the time right now to understand what's actually happening
你就活一次,所以你一定要搞清楚状况,
and actually map your behavior to something that will impact you for the next 80 years.
做一些能够影响你一辈子的事情。
So promise me, promise me all you youngsters that are watching this right now, in the fucking comments,
我想对那些正在看视频的年轻朋友说,你们一定要向我保证,别忘了在下面留言,

GaryVaynerchuk.jpg

cause I'll jump in and talk to you,

因为我会时不时地和你们进行交谈,
promise me that you understand that the land grab of happiness starts right now.
你们一定要向我承诺,幸福就在此刻。
That you don't have to worry about getting that job.
不用担心那份工作。
What you should do is go and travel and learn.
你要做的是去行动,去旅游,去学习。
Go and start that business that you've always wanted.
去创建你梦寐以求的公司。
Hook up with those three teammates and start that band you've always wanted.
和你的三名室友组成乐队,完成你一直想完成的梦想。
This is the time to be massively risk, massively-risk-oriented.
这段时间是充满风险的,是充满风险的。
I know that this is when you're supposed to grow up and go see the world.
我知道这个时候也是你们长大成人,了解这个世界的时候。
But guess what, the world isn't what mommy and daddy told you.
但是,这个世界不是父母告诉你的那个样子。
The world is exactly going to be what it's going to be with or without the way you thought is gonna be.
世界什么样就是什么样,这和你眼中的世界无关。
A ton of shit is gonna change. The world changes every god damn day.
许多事情都要发生变化,这个世界无时无刻不在变化。
Right now what you need to recognize is you can afford to.
但你要认识到,你现在有的是时间。
And not all of you I'm sure, some of you will leave a comment and say I've got a loan.
我知道不是所有人都这么想,许多人肯定会在下面留言说,我还有贷款没还。
I get it, respect.
我很理解,真的。
But that loan is gonna be there whether you go and try to build something for yourself or not one way or the other.
但不管你是不是在实现梦想,贷款都在那里,它不会发生任何变化。
And by the way, you can work at night.
还有,你还可以晚上工作。
This is when you put in the 18 hours a day to make your life that you want happen.
但是现在,你可以每天工作18个小时,实现自己的梦想。
And again cause I'm scared I can hear myself fucking talking,
但话又说回来,我现在很害怕,我能听见我在讲话,
I'm not saying it's a secret, its practicality.
我没说它是秘密,事实就是如此。
When you are in your early 20s, this is when you can grind at your highest levels
你现在20出头,你现在有大把时间来干事情,
cause there isn't all the fucking baggage that comes across with life.
因为你的生活还没有那么多顾虑。
It's harder for the 42-year-olds that are watching right now to listen to this advice.
但对于42岁的观众朋友们而言,这些忠告对你们可能有些难。
You just can't wake up tomorrow and be like let's go,
你不可能早上起来说,我们走吧,
cause little Sally has soccer fucking practice.
因为小萨利还有足球训练。
And because you got 1 million other things that are holding you down.
因为你还有许多事情要做,这些事会拖累你。
But boy, if you're lucky enough to be graduating today
但如果你今年正好毕业,
without a fucking idea of what you're gonna dp with your future
对未来没有什么打算,
nobody's ever been luckier than you. Please recognize it.
那没有人比你更幸运了,一定要记住我说的话。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
basement ['beismənt]

想一想再看

n. 根基,地下室
n.(新英格兰)特别

联想记忆
hook [huk]

想一想再看

n. 钩状物,勾拳,钩
v. 钩住,弯成(钩装

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
practicality [.prækti'kæliti]

想一想再看

n. 实际,实用,实用性,实际的事情

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
naive [nɑ'i:v]

想一想再看

adj. 天真的,幼稚的

联想记忆
loan [ləun]

想一想再看

n. 贷款,借出,债权人
v. 借,供应货款,

 
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
zest [zest]

想一想再看

n. 热情 n. 风味 n. 橘皮

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 创造实用型企业 2017-08-01
  • 创业者不要太理想化 2017-08-02
  • 抓住每一次机会 2017-08-04
  • 你到底快不快乐 2017-08-05
  • 未来在青少年手中 2017-08-07
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。