Just spoke to the USC football team and I said something in there that really caught my attention.
刚刚和南加大橄榄球队进行了交谈,有一点引起了我的注意,
I said something I'm sure you'll add it and make it a flag
我刚刚说了几句话,我知道你一定会把它收藏起来,
cause that's how you do it, Dirac.
你一直都这么做。
For 80 or 90% of you this is gonna be the best,
对于你们当中的80-90%而言,当下是最棒的,
this is gonna be as good as it gets, this is the prime, this is the best.
要多好有多好,绝对是黄金时间,绝对的。
And this rant is about timing. You need to be aware of when you have your big opportunities.
这段视频是关于时机的,你要知道你什么时候能抓住机会,
You need to squeeze so fucking hard when you've got that moment.
当机会来临时,你要紧紧抓住它,
You have to understand that shit will always change if it's terrible right now
你要知道所有事情都是在不断变化的,如果你觉得现在特别倒霉,
it's going to get better, if it is phenomenal right now,
那好运就离你不远了,如果现在运程特别好,
it is going to get worse. That is just the way it's always been.
那坏事也会随之而来,所有事情都是这样。
I'm not smart. It's just fucking history.
我不是明智,这只是历史经验而已。
So please if you take anything out of this mini little rant for Dirac,
如果你能从这段视频中学到些东西,
it's about timing, recognize your moments and strike.
那就是时机,知道机会什么时候来,然后采取行动。
That has absolutely been the foundation of my success
这也是我成功的基础,
whether it was selling my baseball cards when I just "felt" it,
以前我会看准时机售卖棒球卡,
whether it was the Internet itself,
还有我在互联网上的成功,
whether it was other things like starting VaynerMedia when I had all these other opportunities,
还有我建立了“VaynerMedia”,其实当时还有许多机会,
but I wanted to triple down to my strengths during this golden era,
但在黄金时期,我还是想集中精力,
sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're taking a step back in theory,
有时会经历顺境,有时也会后退一步,
but it's all about knowing when to go all-in
但你一定要知道什么时候全力以赴,
and the one thing we get is regret when we didn't squeeze our best opportunity.
但如果你没有抓住机会,那最后只有后悔二字。
So when you're a football player at USC, that is a big-time fucking opportunity,
如果你是南加大橄榄球队的一员,那现在的机会是最好的,
because most of you don't go to the league and most of you aren't successful in the league
因为多数人没法打联赛,多数人在联赛中的表现不好,
and this is your apex and whether you're a manager in a store right now
而现在就是你最好的时机,不管你是商店经理,
whether you're a great student in high school,
还是高中的优秀学生,
whether you're awfully pretty right now,
或者是你现在美丽动人,
but you know you're not gonna be as pretty one day I'm being serious now.
但你知道你终会容颜老去,我没在开玩笑,
I know this is silly shit but when you have your best situation,
我知道这些全是废话,但如果你迎来了自己的巅峰,
when you have the fucking leverage, you need to fucking strike
当你占据了优势,你要做的就是去行动,
and when you don't, you don't pout, you put in the work to rebuild your next leverage.
但如果你没有优势,那也不要泄气,你要蓄势待发,等待下一次机会。
I had YouTube, I had Twitter and when they weren't as big anymore,
就比如我拥有“YouTube”,我拥有“推特”,但他们的规模都不够大,
I didn't cry that Instagram or Snapchat came.
当“Instagram”“Snapchat”上线后,我并没有气馁。
I put in the work to build myself back up and matter in that ecosystem
我努力完善自己,这一点非常重要,
and now that I got the Instagram moment again,
我现在又拥有了“Instagram”的“此刻”功能,
I'm fucking pounding, I'm pounding harder than I did the last time,
我这回下苦工,比上次更加努力,
cause I learned cause when pattern recognition from experience you get better and so,
因为我知道有了上次的经验,你这次会做得更好,
if this can inspire you,if your shits good right now, quadruple down
如果这段视频可以给你些启发,如果你现在运程不错,一定要努力再努力,
and if it's not, stay quiet and build and look for that moment when you know it's good,
如果现在不好,蓄势待发,等待机会,
pound, because squeezing when you have the opportunity is the key
如果时机来了,抓住机会,这才是王道。