Welcome back to English at Work.
欢迎回到职场英语。
Paul, Anna and Tom are at an important International Plastics Conference.
保罗,安娜和汤姆正在一个重要的国际塑料会议上。
It's been a busy day of networking but the big boss from America, Mr Socrates, has told Paul some bad news.
这是一个忙于联谊的日子,但来自美国的大老板苏格拉底先生带给保罗了一些坏消息。
Before he tells the team, there is an important award to be won – the Plastic Innovation of the Year award.
在他告诉团队之前,还有一个重要的颁奖——年度塑料创意奖。
Will Tip Top Trading win it?I hope you've written your acceptance speech Anna.Yes, I'm just doing it now.You've left it a bit late.
Tip Top Trading会赢吗?我希望你写好领奖感言了,安娜。是的,我正在写。有点晚了。
I've been so busy and now I'm really struggling.I don't know what to write.
我一直很忙,现在我真的在努力做了。我不知道写什么。
Well, don't forget to say "On behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award".
别忘了写“代表Tip Top Trading的每一位员工,感谢大家对我们的奖励。”
Or, you could say "our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation".
或者你可以说“我们的公司处于塑料创新的前沿。”
Tell the audience "this award is a real boost for everyone working at the company".
告诉观众“这个奖项对公司的每个人来说都是激励。”
Say that and you'll be fine.…working at the company.Good, got it. Thanks.
这么说肯定没问题。……对公司工作的每个人。好的,明白了,谢谢。
Oh hi Tom, how have you got on?Great great.
嗨,汤姆,你进展得怎么样?很好。
I've been hanging out with some of our clients – keeping them sweet, you know what I mean?
我一直和我们的客户在一起,讨好他们,你懂我的意思吗?
Err, I don't actually know.But I've had some success.Oh, here comes Paul.
我不太明白。但我有点收获。保罗来了。
Hi Paul.Oh hello. Having a good day?
嗨,保罗。你们好,今天过得好吗?
Yes, we're just talking about our success – let's hope we win that Plastic Innovation of the Year award, eh?
是的,我们在讨论我们的成果,期待我们能赢得年度塑料创新奖。
Oh yes...let's hope so.Although that means I've got to read out that speech you wrote for me.
是的,希望如此。尽管我得读出你给我写的演讲稿。
Public speaking is not really one of my things.
我不擅长公众演讲。
Host Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats for our special award ceremony.
女士们,先生们,请为我们的特别颁奖典礼就座。
OK, here's your speech Paul.We've got to win first.Listen!
好了,这是你的演讲稿,保罗。我们要争第一。听着!
Thank you everyone for attending this year's conference.
感谢大家参加这次年度会议。
As you know, the highlight of the day is announcing the winner of our Plastic Innovation Award.
如你们所知,今天的重点是宣布塑料创新奖的得主。
So, without further ado, let's find out who this year's winner is.
闲话少说,让我们看看谁是今年的赢家。
It is… Tip Top Trading for their Imperial Lemon.Hey, that's us.We've actually won!
Tip Top Trading的皇家柠檬。是我们。我们赢了。
Oh crumbs. I suppose I'd better do my speech now.Yeah… go on Paul you can do it!
哎呀,我想我最好去发言了。是啊,去吧,保罗,你可以的!
OK, right. Whooah… ouch.Oh no. Paul's tripped over that chair.Is there anyone from Tip Top Trading here?
好吧。哎呦!保罗被椅子绊倒了。这里有Tip Top Trading的人吗?
Anna, you'll have to do the speech – you did write it after all.What me? ! I can't.Go on.
安娜,你得去发言,毕竟是你写的。什么,我?我不行。去吧。
You'll be fine and besides I'm no good at public speaking.Yes you can do it Anna!
你可以的,另外我不擅长公众演讲。是的,你可以的,安娜!
Just start by saying 'ladies and gentlemen'.Oh, if I have to.Erm… ladies and gentlemen.
开头只要说“女士们,先生们”。如果非我莫属的话。女士们,先生们。
On behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award…
代表Tip Top Trading的每一位员工,感谢大家对我们的奖励。
Our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation.
我们的公司处于塑料创新的前沿。
Yeah!Erm… thanks Tom.This award is a real boost for everyone working at the company.
耶!谢了,汤姆。这个奖项对公司的每个人来说都是激励。
We pride ourselves on innovation, quality and err… plastic fruit.
我们以创新,质量和塑料水果为傲。
And coming soon, we'll be launching a new plastic aubergine.Ow, my big toe!
很快,我们会推出一款新型茄子。我的大脚趾!
So thank you everyone, this really means a lot to us.Brilliant Anna.Yes splendid.Well done Anna.
谢谢大家,这对我们很有意义。太棒了,安娜。是的,精彩。干得好,安娜。
Well done indeed.Anna saved the day again by making that speech.
干得真不错。安娜通过演讲又一次拯救了这一天。
She sounded confident and genuinely happy about getting the award.
她听起来很自信,并且对获奖感到真心的欢喜。
Here's a reminder of some of things she said.
回顾一下她用过的表达。
Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award.
女士们,先生们,代表Tip Top Trading的每一位员工,感谢大家对我们的奖励。
Our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation.
我们的公司处于塑料创新的前沿。
This award is a real boost for everyone working at the company.This award really means a lot to us.
这个奖项对公司的每个人来说都是激励。这个奖项对我们很有意义。
Are you OK now Paul?Yes, sorry, that was rather unfortunate and a bit embarrassing too, but… hold on… what's happening now?
你还好吗,保罗?是的,抱歉,很不幸,还有一点尴尬,但是等等,发生了什么?
Ladies and gentlemen, before you go, we have one more award to present.
女士们,先生们,在离开前,还要颁发一个奖。
We have a special award. 'Employee of the Year'.
我们有一个特别奖。年度最佳员工。
This recognises someone's achievements and contribution to the plastics industry.At last, I've been recognised.
这是对一个人的成就和他对塑料业做出贡献的认可。我终于被认可了。
Please welcome Brad Socrates from Tip Top Trading International to award the prize.
欢迎Tip Top Trading国际的Brad Socrates颁奖。
Out the way. Where's the Goddamn envelope?OK, right, and the award goes to… Anna from Tip Top Trading.
走开,该死的信封在哪?好的,获奖者是Tip Top Trading的安娜。
Me?Bbbut I…Go on Anna. You deserve it.Go and make another speech!Thank you everyone – this is amazing.
我?但我……去吧,安娜,你应得的。去再来一段发言。感谢大家,这太不可思议了。
This girl is amazing.In just one year she has risen from an apprentice to a champion.
这个女孩很不可思议。只用了一年,她就从学徒成为了冠军。
It's great to have her on board.I think we should talk about your salary later hey?
公司里有了她太好了。我认为我们之后可以谈谈你的薪水。
Can things get any better for Anna?I think they can.Join us again soon for more English at Work. Bye.
对安娜来说,还能更完美吗?我想可以。快来加入我们了解更多的职场英语,再见。