I've learned a lot in 15 seasons. Still some things that I don't really understand in this world.
在15季节目中,我学到了很多东西。但这世上还是有些我不太懂的东西
I don't understand the fidget spinners. I don't understand Axe body spray.
我不懂指尖陀螺。不懂Axe身体喷雾
And when I don't understand something, it's easy just to start hating on it and especially haters, because you know haters going to hate.
当我不理解某种东西时,就会很容易开始讨厌它,对心怀仇恨者来说更是如此,因为你懂得,仇恨的人就是会讨厌东西
One thing people my age don't understand are millennials,
我这个年龄的人不太懂的一个东西就是千禧一代
and I don't like ignorance, so I want us all to be open and try to understand one another.
我不喜欢这么无知,所以我想让大家敞开心扉,了解彼此
So I asked one of my friends to help me bridge the gap between millennials and my generation.
所以我请了一个朋友来帮我们连接千禧一代和我们这一代之间的代沟
Here to help me with a segment I'm calling Mileyennials and Me, Miley Cyrus.
来到“我和千禧一代”环节帮助我的是麦莉·塞勒斯
Hi Ellen. Hi everybody. Miley, thank you so much for being here.
嗨,艾伦。嗨,大家好。麦莉,谢谢你能来
I am going to, well, you know what? I'm not gonna say your age, because I think that's rude.
我要,你知道吗,我不会说出你的年龄,因为那有点粗鲁
But I do think you can help me out because you're 24.
不过我觉得你能帮到我,因为你只有24岁
Yes, I am, and in fact, I am a millennial. So Ellen, I am here to answer any questions that you might have.
是的,其实我是千禧一代。所以艾伦,我到这儿是回答你任何问题的
Good. Great. Because my first question is why do millennials Instagram pictures of their food?
好。很好。我的第一个问题是为什么千禧一代会在Instagram上放他们食物的照片?
It seems very unnecessary. You know, food photos are just kind of a celebration of life.
这完全没必要啊。嗯,食物的照片就像是对生活的一种庆祝
I think we take food for granted, and a photo helps remind us of the beauty that's in front of us every single day.
我们都把食物当成是理所当然,一张照片可以提醒我们眼前每一天的美
I posted some food photos this summer. And for me, it was a celebration because I'm vegan.
今年夏天我也晒了几张食物照片。对我来说,这就是庆祝,因为我是严格的素食主义者
Well, that's wonderful. Congratulations, I am also vegan, and.
哦,不错啊。恭喜你,我也是严格的素食主义者
I should've bragged about it, I could've gotten over 500,000 likes. I didn't know that.
我应该大肆吹嘘一番的,说不定点赞会超过50万呢,我不知道
Okay, now we're at the part of the segment where we look at our phones and we don't talk to one another.
好,现在到了我们都看着自己的手机却不跟对方说话的环节了
I like that filter. Okay, we're done. All right, here's another question I have.
我喜欢那个滤镜。好,结束了。好,下一个问题
Why do millennials like dirty music festivals? There's tons of them.
为什么千禧一代喜欢脏脏的音乐节?有数不清的人
There's like, Coachella. That's the only one I know, but it seems very hot and crowded.
有科切拉音乐节,这是我唯一知道的一个,可是感觉又热又挤
Well, for a lot of people, it's about being seen. Everybody goes. There's tons of celebrities there.
对很多人来说,这样做的目的就是被别人看见。所有人都去,那儿有无数的名人
So if someone posted a photo of themselves at Coachella with food, Instagram would just burst into flames.
所以如果有人晒出了他们自己在科切拉音乐节上吃饭的照片,那Instagram就火上天了
Yes, but these festivals are also a really great way to see a bunch of bands just in one place.
没错,不过这些音乐节也是个好机会,可以在同一个地方见到很多乐队
I see, but how come everybody there is watching the concert through their phones?
明白了,但为什么那儿的所有人都要从手机上来看音乐节呢?
We're not, we're not watching the concert. We're taking selfies. I see, I see. It's loud, it's crowded.
不是,我们不是在看音乐节,我们是在自拍呢。懂了,懂了。很吵很挤
But everybody seems to be having such a good time. Is that because they're high on life?
可是大家好像都玩的很开心,是因为他们在生活中就很嗨吗?
Definitely. Okay, well, thanks for explaining all that. I'm still not going.
绝对的。好,谢谢你帮我解释这些。我还有问题呢
Last question, you are a millennial, and I know that there's always a new millennial dance move.
最后一个,你是千禧一代,我知道千禧一代总有新舞法
Is there a new millennial dance move that you know that you could show me?
有没有你知道的能给我们展示一下的新千禧一代舞法呢?
I have a good dance move. Show me the dance move. It's actually called the Ellen.
我会一个很好的舞蹈动作。给我看看。其实它叫“艾伦”
What is it called? The Ellen. Really? And it goes a little something like this.
叫什么?“艾伦”。真的吗?它是这样的
All right, let's do it. Ready. Double time.
好,我们来做一下。准备。两倍速度