'Room eleven's free, Harry,' said Fudge.
“第十一号房间空着,哈利,”福吉说,
'I think you'll be very comfortable.
“我想你住在那里会是很舒服的。
Just one thing, and I'm sure you'll understand: I don't want you wandering off into Muggle London, all right?
只有一件事,而且我想你会理解的:你不要到麻瓜的伦敦去乱逛,行吗?
Keep to Diagon Alley.
就待在对角巷不要出去,
And you're to be back here before dark each night.
而且每天天黑以前必须回来。
Sure you'll understand.
你肯定明白这是为什么。
Tom will be keeping an eye on you for me.'
汤姆会替我留神你的。”
'OK,' said Harry slowly, 'but why –?'
“好吧,”哈利慢慢地说,“但是,这为什么呢?”
'Don't want to lose you again, do we?' said Fudge with a hearty laugh.
“不想再失去你,难道我们想吗?”福吉开怀大笑,
'No, no... best we know where you are... I mean...' Fudge cleared his throat loudly and picked up his pinstriped cloak.
“不,不……我们最好能知道你在哪里……我的意思是……”福吉大声清了清嗓子,拿起了他那件细条纹长袍。
'Well, I'll be off, plenty to do, you know.'
“好吧,我要走了,忙着呢,你知道的。”
'Have you had any luck with Black yet?' Harry asked.
“你们有小天狼星布莱克的消息吗?”哈利问道。
Fudge's fingers slipped on the silver fastenings of his cloak.
福吉的手指在长袍的银扣上面滑了一下。
'What's that? Oh, you've heard — well, no, not yet, but it's only a matter of time.
“什么意思?哦,你听到了——好吧,没有,还没有呢,不过这只是时间问题。
The Azkaban guards have never yet failed... and they are angrier than I've ever seen them.'
阿兹卡班的守卫还从来没有失败过……它们这次恼怒得不得了,比我知道的哪次都厉害。”
Fudge shuddered slightly.
福吉有一点儿颤抖。
'So, I'll say goodbye.'
“那我就说再见了。”
He held out his hand and Harry, shaking it, had a sudden idea.
他伸出手来,哈利和他握手,突然有了个主意。
'Er — Minister? Can I ask you something?'
“啊——部长?可以问你几个问题吗?”
'Certainly,' smiled Fudge.
“当然可以。”福吉微笑着说。