And then I had a mid-term in Positive Psych.
然后我参加了积极心理学的期中考试
And I don't do as well as I expected to do.
我考得没有我期望的好
What happens to my self-esteem? What happens to my happiness?
我的自尊会发生什么变化?我的幸福会发生什么变化?
Of course it'll go down. It's natural, we all want to succeed or most people want to succeed. So it goes down
当然它会下降,这很自然,我们都想成功或者说大多数人想成功,所以
if it's below my expectations, but very quickly as the research by Daniel Gilbert shows on effective forecasting...
如果低于我的期望它就下降了,但很快,如丹尼尔·吉尔伯特有关有效预测的研究表明……
Very quickly we go back up to our base level of happiness.
很快我们又回到我们的基础快乐水平
And then a week later I have another mid-term in say, maths 55.
接着一个星期后,我又考了,比如说55号数学课的期中考试
And I ace it. I get much higher grade than I expected.
我考得很好,比我期望的成绩还要高
And what happens to my self-esteem and happiness? It goes up.
我的自尊和快乐曲线又会怎么变化?它上升了
But then very quickly it goes back down again.
但然后很快它又降下来
And then let's say I'm 12 years old and I walk down the street and I meet Rena and I ask her out. And she says no.
然后我们假设我是12岁,我在街上走,我遇到了雷娜,我约她出来玩。她拒绝了
What happens to my to my self-esteem and happiness?
我的自尊和快乐水平会发生什么变化?
It goes down. Slightly.
它下降了,轻微地
And then very quickly it goes back up again.
然后很快它又重新上升
And then lucky me. I walk down the street.
然后我很幸运,我走在街上
I think I see Rena but there is something different about her.
我以为我看到了雷娜,但她有些不同
And it turns out she has a twin sister.
原来是她的孪生妹妹