手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 心理科学秀 > 正文

错误归因,别把恐惧误当爱情

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Isn't love just grand?

爱情仅仅是伟大吗?
The way your heart races and your stomach gets all full of butterflies.
你感觉心跳加速、七上八下、
You can't sleep or eat or … wait, that sounds terrible!
寝食难安......等等,这听起来很糟糕!
In fact, it kind of sounds like the nerves you get before a big test
事实上,它的感觉有点像你大考前的神经紧张
or that brief moment of panic just before a roller coaster plummets.
或是过山车暴跌之前的短暂恐慌。
That's because emotions like love, anxiety, and fear can feel really similar.
原因在于爱、焦虑和恐惧等情绪的感觉非常相似。
In fact, they can feel so similar that you sometimes mix them up.
事实上,它们感觉很类似,以至于你有时会弄混。
It's called misattribution, and understanding why it happens can tell you a lot about how and why you experience emotion.
这种现象叫做错误归因,理解它的原理可以让你知道自己如何以及为什么会体验这种情绪。
Psychologists have a bunch of different theories about how emotions work,
心理学家有很多关于情绪运作方式的不同理论,
but there's one in particular that might help explain why we sometimes get our emotional wires crossed.
但有一个特别理论可能会帮助解释情绪线交叉的原因。
It's called the Schachter-Singer two-factor theory of emotion,
这一理论叫做沙赫特-辛格情绪二因论,
and it's based on the idea that emotions are the sum of two factors:
它基于的观点是:情绪是两个因素
your physical reaction and a cognitive label.
即身体反应和认知评价的综合产物。
So you could be standing on the edge of a cliff,
你站在悬崖边上,
but if your body is totally relaxed, you might not feel scared.
但如果你的身体完全放松,可能不会感到害怕。
And on the flip side, if there's no obvious explanation for your physical arousal,
反过来说,如果对你的生理唤醒没有明显的说明,
what psychologists call that amped-up feeling where your heart's racing and you're more alert and energized than usual,
也就是心理学家口中的极度兴奋的感觉:心跳加速,警戒度和精力都异于寻常,
you'll use environmental cues to figure out what you're feeling and why you're feeling it.
你就应该利用环境去弄清楚自己的感受及其原因。
Which means you might sometimes pick the wrong reason.
这意味着你有时可能会选择错误的理由。
In 1962, Schachter and Singer showed their theory in action by injecting 184 students with either adrenaline or a placebo.
1962年,沙赫特和辛格通过向184名学生注射肾上腺素或安慰剂来展示他们的理论。
Some of the people who got adrenaline were told how their bodies would react,
一些注射肾上腺素的人被告知他们的身体会如何反应,
while others were told some made up side effects, or nothing at all.
而另一些人则被告知药物有一些副作用,或者什么都没有。
They then spent time doing a bunch of silly tasks or filling out a frustrating questionnaire with a trained plant,
然后,他们与受训者一起做一堆无聊的任务或者填写令人沮丧的问卷,
someone who was secretly an experimenter, I mean.
我说的受训者是一名秘密的实验者。
Not, like, ficus jumping hula hoops.
这和榕属跳呼啦圈不同。

危桥.png

Those who knew that adrenaline would make them feel more amped up reported feeling less happiness or anger,

那些知道肾上腺素会让自己感觉更舒服的人报告说他们感觉到的快乐或愤怒较少,
and according to the researchers, that was probably because they blamed their pounding heart on the drug.
根据研究人员的说法,可能是因为他们把自己的心跳归咎于药物。
Meanwhile, the others misinterpreted the drug's effects as emotions,
与此同时,其他人把药物影响误解为情绪,
in other words, they misattributed them.
换句话说,他们错误地归因了。
Now, there's still a lot of debate about whether the Schachter-Singer model is accurate,
现在,关于沙赫特-辛格模型是否准确还有很多争论,
partly because it's been hard to replicate their original experiment.
部分原因是很难复制他们最初的实验。
Regardless, there is plenty of evidence that misattribution is a real thing,
许多证据表明错误归因是真的,
even if we aren't sure about the exact mechanism behind it.
尽管我们不确定它背后的精确机制。
And studies have shown that we can misinterpret our emotions in all kinds of ways.
研究表明,我们可以用各种方式曲解我们的情绪。
For example, one study found that people who would normally get really nervous before tests
例如,一项研究发现,在考试前通常会感到紧张的人,
were less anxious when they were given a placebo they were told would make them antsy,
如果给他们安慰剂,并告诉他们这会让他们坐立不安,他们的焦虑感反而会减少,
probably because they attributed their sweaty palms to the pill.
这可能是因为他们把手掌出汗归因于药片。
They also did better on the tests, scoring as well as people who didn't have test anxiety.
他们在测试中表现得更好,比没有考试焦虑的人得分更高。
And a 1975 study of 45 male college students found
1975年,一项对45名男性大学生的研究发现,
that those who watched erotic films immediately after exercising rated the porn less sexually arousing,
那些运动后立即观看色情电影的人对色情电影的评价就不那么强烈了,
probably because they attributed some of their physical symptoms of arousal to the workout instead.
有可能是因为他们把自己的一些生理症状归因于锻炼。
One of the most well-known studies on the misattribution of arousal is the so-called "shaky bridge" study from 1974,
关于唤醒的错误归因,最著名的研究之一是1974年所谓的“危桥”研究,
which looked at the connection between attraction and anxiety.
它着眼于吸引力和焦虑之间的联系。
85 male subjects were asked to tell a female interviewer what they thought was happening
85名男性受试者被要求告诉一位女面试官
in a kind of ambiguous image of a woman holding onto a door with her face in her hand.
在想象一个女人手捂着脸、紧紧抓住门的模糊画面时是什么感受。
The thing is, the interview took place on a bridge—
事情是这样的,面试在一座桥上进行,
either a wide, stable, concrete bridge or a high, shaky, suspension bridge.
无论是宽桥、稳固的桥、混凝土桥还是高桥、危桥、悬索桥都可以。
Afterwards, the interviewer offered the subjects her number, you know,
之后,面试官提供了她的电话号码,你知道的,
in case they needed to "follow up about the study".
以防他们需要“跟进研究”。
The men on the shaky bridge saw more sexual content in the images and were more likely to call the interviewer.
危桥上的男人在画面中看到了更多的色情内容,更有可能给面试官打电话。
According to the researchers, that was probably because being on the unstable bridge produced anxiety,
据研究人员说,这可能是因为他们在危桥上会产生焦虑,
which the subjects interpreted as attraction.
却被受试者认为是吸引力。
Similarly, a 2003 study found that
同样,2003年的一项研究发现,
people were more likely to find a photo of a stranger attractive after they'd been on a rollercoaster than before.
人们在经历过山车之后更容易发现陌生人的照片有吸引力。
Of course, this isn't to say that if you went to a horror movie on your first date,
当然,这并不是说如果你第一次约会去看恐怖电影,
your relationship is ALL A LIE or anything like that.
你们的关系就完全是谎言之类的。
And it definitely doesn't mean that you should take your date somewhere creepy
当然,这也不是说你应该把约会对象带到某地,
just to make them more attracted to you.
让他们更喜欢你。
Do not do that.
不要这样做。
And it's not like we're always terrible at figuring out what we're really feeling.
而且,它也不意味着我们总是搞不清楚自己到底在想什么。
Most of the time, we get this stuff right.
大多数时候,我们都是正确的。
If a situation is familiar or what's causing your physical reaction is super obvious,
如果场景熟悉,或者有什么导致你的身体反应非常明显,
you're not going to have too hard of a time figuring it out.
你不会花太多的时间去弄清它。
It's only when you can't easily explain how you feel that you might pick the wrong emotion,
只有当你很难解释自己的感受时,才会选择错误的情绪,
and what feels like romantic butterflies in your stomach might not have anything to do with your date.
你感觉到的浪漫可能与约会无关。
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Psych.
感谢您收看本期的心理科学秀!
If you want to learn more about the weird ways our minds affect our bodies,
如果你想了解更多关于思想影响身体的奇怪方式,
you can go to youtube.com/scishowpsych and subscribe.
可以登录youtube.com/scishowpsych,点击订阅。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
ambiguous [æm'bigjuəs]

想一想再看

adj. 模棱两可的

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
suspension [səs'penʃən]

想一想再看

n. 悬挂,悬浮液,暂缓,未决,中止

联想记忆
concrete ['kɔnkri:t]

想一想再看

adj. 具体的,实质性的,混凝土的
n. 水

联想记忆
accurate ['ækjurit]

想一想再看

adj. 准确的,精确的

联想记忆
misinterpret ['misin'tə:prit]

想一想再看

v. 误解

 
cliff [klif]

想一想再看

n. 悬崖,峭壁

 
flip [flip]

想一想再看

vt. 掷,弹,轻击
vi. 翻转

联想记忆
react [ri'ækt]

想一想再看

vt. 作出反应
vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。