'Ah, of course,' said Professor McGonagall, suddenly frowning.
“啊,当然,”麦格教授说,突然皱起了眉头,
'There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger.
“没有必要再说下去了,格兰杰小姐。
Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?'
告诉我,今年你们之中谁会死啊?”
Everyone stared at her. 'Me,' said Harry, finally.
大家都瞪眼看着她。“我。”最后哈利说。
'I see,' said Professor McGonagall, fixing Harry with her beady eyes.
“明白了。”麦格教授说,她那双小圆眼睛盯着哈利看,
'Then you should know, Potter, that Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school.
“那么,波特,你应该知道,西比尔特里劳妮自从到这所学校以来,每年都预言一名学生死亡。
None of them has died yet.
到现在,他们还没有一个死的。
Seeing death omens is her favourite way of greeting a new class.
预见死亡征兆是她喜爱的欢迎新班学生的方式。
If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues —' Professor McGonagall broke off, and they saw that her nostrils had gone white.
如果我不是从来不说同事坏话的人——”麦格教授停了下来,他们看见她的鼻孔发白了。
She went on, more calmly, 'Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic.
她继续说,比较平静了些,“占卜学是魔法学中最不准确的科目之一。
I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it.
不瞒你们说,我对占卜最没耐心。
True Seers are very rare, and Professor Trelawney ...'
真正能预见未来的人非常少,而且特里劳妮教授……”
She stopped again, and then said, in a very matter-of-fact tone,
她又停下来,然后说,腔调是非常实事求是的,
'You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today.
“我看你身体极其健康,波特,所以,如果我今天在家庭作业方面不轻轻放过你的话,你别怪我。
I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in.'
我保证,如果你死了,就不用交这份作业了。”
Hermione laughed. Harry felt a bit better.
赫敏大笑起来。哈利也觉得好一点儿了。
It was harder to feel scared of a lump of tea leaves away from the dim red light and befuddling perfume of Professor Trelawney's classroom.
现在,要被特里劳妮教授的教室里那种令人迷惑的香气、模糊的红色光线,再加上一团茶叶吓着,似乎困难一点儿了。