克拉克:你好,你是为自己挑选手表吗?
Jack: Yes, I’m looking for a dress watch, something understated with a simple face.
杰克:是的,我想选一款正装表,表盘朴素、简单的那种款式。
Clerk: We have plenty to choose from. Let me show you these quartz watches.
克拉克:我们有很多款式。我给您看看这几款石英表吧。
Jack: I’m looking for something with an automatic movement, something that is self-winding.

Clerk: Oh, in that case, let me show you these. These have the finest workmanship you’ll find anywhere, with very hard crystals. Are you looking for something with a bezel? A leather strap or a metal one?
克拉克:哦,既然这样的话,我给你介绍这几款表吧。这些水晶材质的手表都是由最好的工艺打造的。您想要一款带边框的表吗?您想要皮质表带还是金属表带?
Jack: I’m not sure. My diving watch has a bezel and chronograph, but I’m looking for something simpler. What’s the difference between these two?
杰克:我不确定。我的潜水手表有边框和计时器,不过我想买一个更为简单的款式。这两款有什么区别呢?
Clerk: This one has luminous hands and dial and is waterproof and the other doesn’t have either feature.
克拉克:这款产品的指针和刻度盘可以发光,而且防水,另一款没有这种功能。
Jack: Hmm, I can’t decide. I’ll take this one, this one, and this one.
杰克:嗯,我不知道该选哪款了。那我买这个,这个,还有这一款吧。
Clerk: All three?
克拉克:三款都要吗?
Jack: Yes.
杰克:是的。
Clerk: Let me show you these diamond-encrusted watches we just got in.
克拉克:我再带您看看这些新出的镶钻手表吧。
Jack: You think I need more than four watches?
杰克:你觉得我四块手表还不够用吗?
Clerk: No man of style would be without at least a dozen.
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载