克里斯蒂娜:堵车了是怎么回事?后边堵着的车都有半英里了。
Harry: I bet the border patrol is looking for smugglers.
哈里:我猜,应该是边境巡逻在查走私。
Christina: Do you really think so? I wonder if there could be a drug mule in one of these cars carrying illegal drugs.
克里斯蒂娜:你真的这么认为吗?我想这些堵着的车辆里会不会有一名携带毒品的毒贩。

Harry: It might be drugs, but it could be any kind of contraband. I’ve heard that there’s a problem with gunrunning and other kinds of arms trafficking across these borders.
哈里:有可能是毒品,不过也有可能是任何一种违禁品。我听说有人走私军火,也有人跨境走私武器。
Christina: Maybe they’re looking for people trying to sneak into this country without permission.
克里斯蒂娜:也许他们在盘查没有入境许可想试图偷偷入境的移民。
Harry: Or they could be looking for people trying to import exotic species without permission.
哈里:或者他们在搜查未经允许试图进口外来物种的人。
Christina: What kinds of exotic species?
克里斯蒂娜:什么样的外来物种?
Harry: Plants and animals that aren’t allowed to be brought into this country, at least not without quarantine.
哈里:禁止携带入境的植物和动物,至少包括那些未经检疫的动植物。
Christina: Plants? You mean like these herb plants I bought?
克里斯蒂娜:植物?你是说我买的这些草本植物?
Harry: I doubt if they’re prohibited. Wait, you can’t leave the car!
哈里:我怀疑它们是否在禁止名单之列。等等,你不能下车!
Christina: What if this is contraband and they catch me with it?
克里斯蒂娜:如果这是禁运品,他们因此逮捕我怎么办?
Harry: They’ll confiscate it and send us on our way.
哈里:他们只会没收物品,然后会放人离开的。
Christina: Are you sure?
克里斯蒂娜:你确定吗?
Harry: Sure, I’m sure. They’d be much more interested in the bats I’m smuggling in my pants anyway.
哈里:确定以及肯定,他们一定对我裤子里走私的蝙蝠更感兴趣。
Christina: What?!
克里斯蒂娜:什么?!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载