"Hi, Aunt April. Sorry I'm late," I said loudly and cheerfully as I walked into the living room.
“嗨,爱普莉姨妈,对不起,我迟到了。”当我走进客厅时,大声而愉快地说道。
"I was stuck in traffic. The freeway was like a parking lot," I said.
“路上堵了,高速公路就像一个停车场。”我说。
Aunt April was sitting on the couch.
爱普莉姨妈坐在沙发上。
Uncle Jeff was sitting in a chair across from the sofa.
杰夫叔叔坐在沙发对面的椅子上。
He looked miserable, tired, and uncomfortable.
他看上去痛苦、疲惫、不安。
Aunt April got up from the sofa and walked toward me.
爱普莉姨妈从沙发上站起来,朝我走来,
She put her heavy arms around me and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.
用她厚重的手臂搂住我,在我的脸颊上给了我一个大大的吻。
"Your hair is too long," she said. She always talked to me as though I were five years old.
“你的头发太长了,”她说。她和我说话的口吻,仿佛我是五岁大的孩子。
"Jeff, this boy needs a haircut. You should take him to cut his hair."
“杰夫,德里克该理发了,你应该带他去剪头发。”
Aunt April likes to start her sentences with "You should…" She likes to give advice.
爱普莉姨妈喜欢用“你应该…”来开头,她喜欢给人忠告。
"And his clothes! A tall, good-looking boy like Derrick shouldn't wear such old and dull clothes.
“看他的衣服!像德里克这样高大帅气的男孩不应该穿这种老旧、颜色暗淡的衣服。
He has this dark hair, those brown eyes, that million-dollar smile—
他有一头黑发,一双棕色的眼睛,甜美的笑容——
with the right clothes, he would look like a young movie star.
如果穿上合适的衣服,就像一个年轻的电影明星。
He needs new clothes, the latest fashions. You should take him shopping for better clothes."
他需要新衣服,最新的时装,你应该带他去买件好点的衣服。”