So then we talked about the global level, the macro level. On the micro level,
然后我们谈到大的层面,宏观层面,在微观层面上
we talked about not waiting for bad things to happen, for tragedy, for something external to happen for us to be grateful.
我们谈到不要坐等坏事发生,不要等悲剧,或等外界有事发生,我们才知感激
Because when we are grateful, by definition, we don't take something for granted.
因为我们感激,就其定义而言就是不以某事为理所当然
And we shared the readings and the research on gratitude.
我们还分享了有关"感激"的文章及研究
The key, when doing it, when doing this exercise and as I said, I do it every single day.
做这个修习的关键,正如我所说,我每天都在做
I've done it since 19th of September, 1999.
从1999年9月19日开始
Every single day. Religiously.
每一天,都进行信仰修习
The key to doing it and not taking this exercise for granted is by maintaining freshness through
修习的关键,不将此修习视为理所当然是一直保持新鲜感
if you want to do it once a week, it's better to do it once a week mindfully than doing it every day and taking it for granted. And OK check- did that.
如果你想每周做一次,每周一次用心去做比每天去做并将之视为理所当然要好。好的,做过了
But ideally, you want to do it every day. Because by doing it every day, that's when you form a habit.
但最理想的是每天做,因为每天去做才能养成习惯
That's when you transform your thinking.
那样才能改变思维
And if you do it every day, the key is to vary, to think about different aspect every day,
每天去做的话,关健是要有变化,每天思考不同的方向
to think about different aspects of your family if you write family every day.
思考家人的不同方面,如果你每天都给家人写信
To write about work one week. To write about home the next week.
一周讲述工作,下一周写家庭
Maintaining mindfulness, focusing on things you didn't notice before, creating novel distinctions, as Ellen Langer would say.
每次都要用心,专注以前没有注意过的事情,发现新的特点艾伦·兰格如是说
And visualize, so when you are thinking about your girlfriend or boyfriend, and writting your gratitude, visualize them.
并在脑中想像,当你想到你的女或男朋友,书写感激之情时,在脑海中想像他们
When you are thinking about the meal that you just had in your dinning hall which was delicious,
当你想到刚在食堂吃过的一顿美味可口的饭时
think about it. Visualize it. Make it as real as possible.
想它,在脑海中想像,让它变得尽可能真实