'But James Potter insisted on using Black?'
“但是詹姆坚持要用布莱克是吗?”
'He did,' said Fudge heavily. 'And then, barely a week after the Fidelius Charm had been performed —'
“是的,”福吉沉重地说,“然而,施用了赤胆忠心魔咒以后还不到一星期——”
'Black betrayed them?' breathed Madam Rosmerta.
“布莱克背叛了他们吗?”罗斯默塔问。
'He did indeed.
“他的确背叛了他们。
Black was tired of his double-agent role, he was ready to declare his support openly for You-Know-Who,
布莱克厌倦了两面派角色。准备公开宣布他支持神秘人,
and he seems to have planned this for the moment of the Potters'death.
似乎打算就在波特死去的时刻这样做。
But, as we all know, You-Know-Who met his downfall in little Harry Potter.
但是,正如我们都知道的那样。神秘人在小哈利波特那里失了手。
Powers gone, horribly weakened, he fled.
他失去了法力,极其衰弱,只能逃走了。
And this left Black in a very nasty position indeed.
这就弄得布莱克进退两难了。
His Master had fallen at the very moment when he, Black, had shown his true colours as a traitor.
布莱克刚刚暴露了他的叛徒真面目,他的主子就倒台了。
He had no choice but to run for it —'
他别无选择,只能奔跑逃命了——”
'Filthy, stinkin'turncoat!' Hagrid said, so loudly that half the bar went quiet.
“肮脏、发臭的叛徒!”海格说,声音很响,以至整个酒吧都静了下来。
'Shh!' said Professor McGonagall.
“嘘!”麦格教授说。
'I met him!' growled Hagrid. 'I musta bin the last ter see him before he killed all them people!
“我遇到过他!”海格吼道,“在他杀死许多人以前,我一定是最后见到他的人!
It was me what rescued Harry from Lily an'James's house after they was killed!
在那些人都被杀死以后,是我从詹姆和莉莉的家里把哈利救出来的!
Jus'got him outta the ruins, poor little thing,
我是把他从废墟里救出来的,可怜的小东西,
with a great slash across his forehead, an'his parents dead ... an'Sirius Black turns up, on that flyin'motorbike he used ter ride.
前额上还有一道长长的伤口,而且他的父母都死了……这时小天狼星布莱克出现了,骑在他那平时常骑的飞行摩托上。
Never occurred ter me what he was doin'there.
我一直搞不清他在那里干什么。
I didn'know he'd bin Lily an'James's Secret Keeper.
我不知道他是詹姆和莉莉的保密人。
Thought he'd jus'heard the news o'You-Know-Who's attack an'come ter see what he could do.
当时我以为他听说了神秘人发动攻击的消息,是到那里看看他能做些什么呢。
White an'shakin', he was. An'yeh know what I did?
当时他面色苍白,浑身发抖。你们知道我做了什么吗?
I COMFORTED THE MURDERIN'TRAITOR!' Hagrid roared.
我安慰了那个杀人的叛徒!”海格咆哮道。