'I'm sure I've read about a case of Hippogriff-baiting,' said Hermione thoughtfully, 'where the Hippogriff got off.
“我肯定读过一宗鹰头马身有翼兽的钓饵案件,”赫敏沉思着说,“在那个案子里,鹰头马身有翼兽没事。
I'll look it up for you, Hagrid, and see exactly what happened.'
我替你找一下,海格,找到了就好好研究一下是怎么回事。”
Hagrid howled still more loudly.
海格更加响亮地嚎哭起来。
Harry and Hermione looked at Ron to help them.
哈利和赫敏看看罗恩,指望他来帮忙。
'Er — shall I make a cup of tea?' said Ron.
“哦——我来泡茶怎么样?”罗恩说。
Harry stared at him.
哈利瞪着他。
'It's what my mum does whenever someone's upset,' Ron muttered, shrugging.
“有人情绪坏的时候,我妈就是这样做的。”罗恩咕哝道,耸了耸肩。
At last, after many more assurances of help, with a steaming mug of tea in front of him,
最后,在他们又多次保证帮忙、面前又放上了一杯滚烫的茶以后,
Hagrid blew his nose on a handkerchief the size of a tablecloth and said,
海格才在一块足有桌布那么大的手帕上擤了擤鼻子说:
'Yer right. I can' afford to go ter pieces. Gotta pull meself together...'
“你们说得对。我可不能垮了。一定要振作起来……”
Fang the boarhound came timidly out from under the table and laid his head on Hagrid's knee.
牙牙从桌子底下胆怯地走出来,把脑袋靠在海格的膝上。
'I've not bin meself lately,' said Hagrid, stroking Fang with one hand and mopping his face with the other.
“最近我一直不对劲,”海格说,一手抚着牙牙,另一只手摸着自己的脸,
'Worried abou' Buckbeak, an' no one likin' me classes —'
“担心巴克比克,而且没有人喜欢我的课……”
'We do like them!' lied Hermione at once.
“我们喜欢!”赫敏马上说谎道。
'Yeah, they're great!' said Ron, crossing his fingers under the table. 'Er — how are the Flobberworms?'
“是啊,你的课真棒!”罗恩说,一面在桌子下面交叉手指告诉上帝自己是在说谎,“哦——弗洛伯毛虫怎么样了?”
'Dead,' said Hagrid gloomily. 'Too much lettuce.'
“死了,”海格阴郁地说,“莴苣吃得太多了。”
'Oh, no!' said Ron, his lip twitching.
“哦,不!”罗恩说,嘴唇颤动起来。
'An' them Dementors make me feel ruddy terrible an' all,' said Hagrid, with a sudden shudder.
“那帮摄魂怪也让我心烦意乱,”海格说,身子突然一震,
'Gotta walk past 'em ev'ry time I want a drink in the Three Broomsticks. 'S like bein' back in Azkaban —'
“每次我想去三把扫帚喝酒就必须从它们面前走过,好像我又回到了阿兹卡班似的……”