Dear Mr Hagrid, Further to our inquiry into the attack by a Hippogriff on a student in your class,
亲爱的海格先生:我们进一步调查了你班上发生的鹰头马身有翼兽攻击学生的事件,
we have accepted the assurances of Professor Dumbledore that you bear no responsibility for the regrettable incident.
我们接受了邓布利多教授的保证,认定你对于此次令人遗憾事件不负任何责任。
'Well, that's OK, then, Hagrid!' said Ron, clapping Hagrid on the shoulder.
“那不是很好嘛,海格!”罗恩说,拍拍海格的肩膀。
But Hagrid continued to sob, and waved one of his gigantic hands, inviting Harry to read on.
但是海格继续抽泣,还摇了摇他那双巨大的手,示意哈利继续读下去。
However, we must register our concern about the Hippogriff in question.
然而,我们必须表示我们对于这头成问题的鹰头马身有翼兽的关注。
We have decided to uphold the official complaint of Mr Lucius Malfoy,
我们已经决定支持卢修斯马尔福先生的正式投诉,
and this matter will therefore be taken to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures.
因此这件事将交由处置危险生物委员会处理。
The hearing will take place on April 20th, and we ask you to present yourself and your Hippogriff at the Committee's offices in London on that date.
四月二十日将于该委员会伦敦办事处举行听证,我们将要求你和你的鹰头马身有翼兽于该日出席。
In the meantime, the Hippogriff should be kept tethered and isolated.
在此期间,鹰头马身有翼兽应予拴系并加以隔离。
Yours in fellowship... There followed a list of the school governors.
你的同事……底下是一长列校董事会的名单。
'Oh,' said Ron. 'But you said Buckbeak isn't a bad Hippogriff, Hagrid. I bet he'll get off —'
“哦,”罗恩说,“但是你说过巴克比克不是个作恶的鹰头马身有翼兽啊,海格。我打赌它会没事——”
'Yeh don' know them gargoyles at the Committee fer the Disposal o' Dangerous Creatures!' choked Hagrid, wiping his eyes on his sleeve.
“你不了解处置危险生物委员会那些怪人!”海格哽咽着说,用袖子擦了擦眼泪,
'They've got it in fer interestin' creatures!'
“他们和这些有趣的动物干上了!”
A sudden sound from the corner of Hagrid's cabin made Harry, Ron and Hermione whip around.
海格的小屋一角忽然传来一种声音,哈利、罗恩和赫敏飞快地转过身子。
Buckbeak the Hippogriff was lying in the corner, chomping on something that was oozing blood all over the floor.
那头鹰头马身有翼兽巴克比克正卧在屋角,嚼着什么东西,弄得地板上到处流淌着鲜血。