I turned my lips to the hand that lay on my shoulder.
我把嘴唇转过去,吻了吻搭在我肩上的手。
I loved him very much -- more than I could trust myself to say -- more than words had power to express.
我深深地爱着他--深得连我自己也难以相信能说得清楚--深得非语言所能表达。
"Ask something more," he said presently; "it is my delight to be entreated, and to yield."
“再提些要求吧,”他立刻说。“我很乐意被人请求并作出让步。”
I was again ready with my request.
我再次准备好了请求。
"Communicate your intentions to Mrs. Fairfax, sir:
“把你的意图同费尔法克斯太太谈谈吧,
she saw me with you last night in the hall, and she was shocked.
昨晚她看见我同你呆在厅里,大吃一惊。
Give her some explanation before I see her again. It pains me to be misjudged by so good a woman."
我见她之前,你给她解释一下吧。让这样好的女人误解总让我痛苦。”
"Go to your room, and put on your bonnet," he replied.
“上你自己的房间去,戴上你的帽子,”他回答。
"I mean you to accompany me to Millcote this morning;
“早上我想让你陪我上米尔科特去一趟,
and while you prepare for the drive, I will enlighten the old lady's understanding.
你准备上车的时候,我会让这位老妇人开开窍。
Did she think, Janet, you had given the world for love, and considered it well lost?"
难道她认为,珍妮特,你为了爱而付出了一切,完全是得不偿失?”
"I believe she thought I had forgotten my station, and yours, sir."
“我相信她认为我忘了自己的地位,还有你的地位,先生。”
"Station! station! Your station is in my heart, and on the necks of those who would insult you, now or hereafter. Go."
“地位!地位!现在,或者从今以后,你的地位在我的心里,紧卡着那些想要污辱你的人的脖子。走!”