"Excellent. You are not averse to this trip, Watson?" "By no means."
"好极了,华生,你不反对走一趟吧?""决不反对。"
"Then we shall both come. What are you going to do yourself?"
"那么,我们两个人都要去的。你自己有什么要办的事吗?"
"I have one or two things which I would wish to do now that I am in town.
"既然到了城里,有一两件事我想去办一下。
But I shall return by the twelve o'clock train, so as to be there in time for your coming."
但是,我将乘坐十二点钟的火车赶回去,好及时在那儿等候你们。"
"And you may expect us early in the afternoon.
"你可以在午后不久等候我们。
I have myself some small business matters to attend to. Will you not wait and breakfast?"
我自己有些业务上的小事要料理一下。你不呆一会儿吃一点早点吗?"
"No, I must go. My heart is lightened already since I have confided my trouble to you.
"不,我得走啦。我把我的烦恼事向你们吐露以后,我的心情轻松多了。
I shall look forward to seeing you again this afternoon."
我盼望下午能再见到你们。"
She dropped her thick black veil over her face and glided from the room.
她把那厚厚的黑色面纱拉下来蒙在脸上,悄悄地走出了房间。
"And what do you think of it all, Watson?" asked Sherlock Holmes, leaning back in his chair.
"华生,你对这一切有何感想?"歇洛克·福尔摩斯向后一仰,靠在椅背上问道。
"It seems to me to be a most dark and sinister business."
"在我看来,是一个十分阴险毒辣的阴谋。"
"Dark enough and sinister enough."
"是够阴险毒辣的。"