"Well," he said, after some minutes' silence, "it is strange; but that sentence has penetrated by breast painfully.
“行啦,”他沉默片刻后说,“真奇怪,那句话刺痛了我的胸膛。
Why? I think because you said it with such an earnest, religious energy,
为什么呢?我想是因为你说得那么虔敬,那么富有力量,
and because your upward gaze at me now is the very sublime of faith, truth, and devotion:
因为你抬眼看我时,目光里透出了极度的信赖、真诚和忠心。
it is too much as if some spirit were near me.
那太难受了,仿佛在我身边的是某个精灵。
Look wicked, Jane: as you know well how to look: coin one of your wild, shy, provoking smiles;
摆出凶相来吧,简,你很明白该怎么摆。装出任性、腼腆、挑衅的笑容来,
tell me you hate me -- tease me, vex me; do anything but move me:
告诉我你恨我戏弄我,惹怒我吧,什么都行,就是别打动我。
I would rather be incensed than saddened."
我宁愿发疯而不愿哀伤。”
"I will tease you and vex you to your heart's content, when I have finished my tale: but hear me to the end."
“等我把故事讲完,我会让你心满意足地戏弄你,惹怒你,听我讲完吧。”
"I thought, Jane, you had told me all.
“我想,简,你已经全都告诉我啦。
I thought I had found the source of your melancholy in a dream."
我认为我已经发现你的忧郁全因为一个梦!”