During all my first sleep, I was following the windings of an unknown road;
刚睡着的时候,我沿着一条弯弯曲曲的陌生的路走着,
total obscurity environed me; rain pelted me;
四周一片模糊,雨点打在我身上,
I was burdened with the charge of a little child:
我抱着一个孩子,不堪重负。
a very small creature, too young and feeble to walk, and which shivered in my cold arms, and wailed piteously in my ear.
一个小不点儿,年纪太小身体又弱,不能走路,在我冰冷的怀抱里颤抖,在我耳旁哀哀地哭泣。
I thought, sir, that you were on the road a long way before me;
我想,先生,你远远地走在我前面,
and I strained every nerve to overtake you, and made effort on effort to utter your name and entreat you to stop
我使出浑身劲儿要赶上你,一次次奋力叫着你的名字,央求你停下来,
but my movements were fettered, and my voice still died away inarticulate;
但我的行动被束缚着,我的嗓音渐渐地沉下去,变得模糊不清,
while you, I felt, withdrew farther and farther every moment."
而你,我觉得分分秒秒离我越来越远了。”
"And these dreams weigh on your spirits now, Jane, when I am close to you?
“难道现在我在你跟前了,简,这些梦还使你心情沉重吗?
Little nervous subject! Forget visionary woe, and think only of real happiness!
神经质的小东西!忘掉梦幻中的灾祸,单想现实中的幸福吧!
You say you love me, Janet: yes -- I will not forget that; and you cannot deny it.
你说你爱我,珍妮特,不错--那我不会忘记,你也不能否认。
Those words did not die inarticulate on your lips.
这些话并没有在你嘴边模糊不清地消失。
I heard them clear and soft: a thought too solemn perhaps, but sweet as music
我听来既清晰而又温柔。也许这个想法过于严肃了一些,但却象音乐一样甜蜜:
'I think it is a glorious thing to have the hope of living with you, Edward, because I love you.'
‘我想有希望同你生活在一起是令人愉快的,因为我爱你。’
Do you love me, Jane? -- repeat it."
你爱我吗,简?再说一遍。”
"I do, sir -- I do, with my whole heart."
“我爱你,先生--我爱你,全身心爱你。”