It is great to be in front of all of you live and in person.
能亲自站在你们面前直播特别好
Well, this isn't live. This show is not-- but you know what I mean.
不过这不是直播 这个节目 你们懂的
The nice thing about this show not being live is that if we need to, we can edit stuff out.
不直播的一大好处是如果需要 我们可以剪掉不想要的部分
Like, for instance, if an interview goes too long, or something breaks,
比如 如果采访过长 或者设备坏了
or my top falls off-- it's happened before.
或者我的上衣掉了 以前发生过
We can edit that out. But there's one place that lots goes wrong.
我们可以把那些剪掉 但有个地方就很容易出错
And that is live TV and especially the news.
那就是直播电视 尤其是新闻直播
This is a live broadcast at the San Diego Yacht and Boat Show, where things got off to a not-so-great start.
这是圣地亚哥游艇展览的现场直播 开头就不太顺
--the San Diego Yacht and Boat Show. Good morning, everybody.
这里是圣地亚哥游艇展览 早上好 各位
I'm hanging out with my friend, John.
我跟朋友John一起出来玩儿
Fox 5 morning news starts-- look over there. And it starts right now.
Fox 5早间新闻开始 注意那边 现在开始
They panned out, expecting it to go way up.
他们成功了 本来是想飞上高空的
The future is here, and it's grim. Jetpacks aren't the only thing reporters try live on TV.
未来已来 还很残酷 喷气背包并不是记者试图在电视上直播的唯一物件
This is supposed to be how you learn how to cross country ski.
这个节目本来是教给大家怎么越野滑雪的
Hi, you guys. So I'm here with Richard and Katie from the Utah Nordic Alliance of Utah.
大家好 站在我身边的是来自犹他州犹他北欧同盟的Richard和Katie
And you guys are teaching me how to cross-country ski.
你们要教我怎么越野滑雪
So give us some bas-- Yeah. I know that fall.
给我们一些基本的 嗯 这一摔我很熟悉
That's either altitude or too much tequila. I've seen that before.
要么是海拔太高 要么是喝多了 这我见过
Sometimes reporters are around animals, and they definitely don't care that it's live TV.
有时候记者会跟动物一起直播 它们才不管是不是在电视直播呢
The judging is complete so come on out and meet the winners.
裁判已经完成了 快来见见我们的获胜者吧
The goats will be here through Saturday.
山羊整个周六都会在这里
And they're very friendly. From the Manatee County Fair, Linda Carson, ABC 7.
它们很友好 ABC 7台 海牛县集市 Linda Carson为您播报
Would you not eat my pants? Ah! The goat got her goat.
你能不能别啃我的裤子了?啊!山羊好色
This next one comes from a reporter who really just wanted to be left alone.
下一个是一名真的不想被骚扰的记者
Two, three. Ah! OK. Oh. I-OK, ooo. Here, one-OK, one.
2 3 啊 好 哦 我 好吧 来 1 好 1
Sporting activity start-OK, I gotta stop flicking them.
体育活动开始 好 我不能再赶它们了
OK, no, not doing this. Y'all acted like it was on you.
好 不 不能这样 搞得好像飞到你们嘴里了一样
All right, so this reporter put themselves in harm's way for the good of the story sometimes.
好 这名记者为了直播效果牺牲了自己
All right, so I've got my trusty stopwatch.
好 我已经准备好了精确的秒表
And here they come down the hill. It looks like Ruben is in the lead.
他们就要滑下来了 看来是Ruben领先啊
And here comes El-- That was a bad idea.
El来了 不应该那样的
He did a whole front flip. That's pretty impressive.
他直接做了个前空翻 厉害啊
Finally, I'm not sure where or when this took place, but I know that it was not supposed to happen.
最后 我不知道这是何时何地发生的 但我知道不应该是这样
--instead of a place and a point for them to raise that,
不是他们提出的地点和观点
was it a done deal by the time Trevor Manuel--
这是已经无法改变的事情吗 在Trevor Manuel来不及...
It's actually an opportunity for members of Parliament to actually digest and go through the documentation
对议会成员来说 这其实是个机会 去消化和查阅那些
that is going to be presented to the public.
即将呈现给公众的文件
And the opportunity for proper engagement is actually after the taping of the--
合适的参与时机其实是在录完...
He heard that first crack.
他听到第一次咔嚓声了
And he just looked over, like, that's going to happen, isn't it? Oh, god.
他却只是看着 心想 我就知道会这样 是吧?哦天
If you didn't notice, the title of that person is chairperson.
如果大家没发现 那个人的职称是主席(椅子人)
He's more of a floor person now. Thank you.
现在他更像是地板人了 谢谢
So the takeaway is don't go on live TV if there are jetpacks, goats, bugs, or chairs nearby,
所以教训就是 如果身边有喷气背包 山羊 虫子或椅子 那就不要上电视直播
because all of them will betray you.
因为这些东西会出卖你