"Who was with you when you revived?"
“你醒过来时谁跟你在一起?”
"No one, sir, but the broad day.
“除了大白天,先生,谁也没有。
I rose, bathed my head and face in water, drank a long draught;
我起身用水冲了头和脸,喝了一大口水。
felt that though enfeebled I was not ill,
觉得身子虽然虚弱,却并没有生病,
and determined that to none but you would I impart this vision.
便决定除了你,对谁都不说这恶梦的事儿。
Now, sir, tell me who and what that woman was?"
好吧,先生,告诉我这女人是谁,干什么的?”
"The creature of an over-stimulated brain; that is certain.
“无疑,那是头脑过于兴奋的产物。
I must be careful of you, my treasure: nerves like yours were not made for rough handling."
对你得小心翼翼,我的宝贝,像你这样的神经,生来就经不住粗暴对待的。”
"Sir, depend on it, my nerves were not in fault; the thing was real: the transaction actually took place."
“先生,毫无疑问,我的神经没有毛病,那东西是真的,事情确实发生了。”
"And your previous dreams, were they real too? Is Thornfield Hall a ruin?
“那么你以前的梦呢,都是真的吗?难道桑菲尔德府已化成一片废墟?
Am I severed from you by insuperable obstacles?
难道你我被不可逾越的障碍隔开了?
Am I leaving you without a tear -- without a kiss -- without a word?" "Not yet."
难道我离开了你,没有流一滴泪--没有吻吻--没有说一句话?”“不,没有。”
"Am I about to do it? Why, the day is already commenced which is to bind us indissolubly;
“难道我就要这么干?嘿,把我们溶合在一起的日子已经到来,
and when we are once united, there shall be no recurrence of these mental terrors: I guarantee that."
我们一旦结合,这种心理恐惧就再也不会发生,我敢保证。”