Hello again and welcome back to English at Work – the drama about life at the plastic fruit production company called Tip Top Trading.
大家好,欢迎回到职场英语:塑料水果生产公司Tip Top Trading里面的情况千变万化。
You may remember Anna, the company's newest and brightest sales executive, was offered a promotion and a marriage proposal at the same time.
你可能还记得,公司里最新、最聪明的销售主管安娜同时收到了晋升和结婚的提议。
She's taken time out to think about her reply but everyone in the office really misses her.
她花了点时间思考自己的答复,办公室里的每个人都很想念她。
I dunno Denise, I'd be good for Anna, I think we would be been a perfect pair. Mr and Mrs Darcy… it sounds good…
丹妮丝,我不知道,我会好好对待安娜的,我想我们会成为完美的一对。达西先生和太太...听起来不错...
I'm back!
我回来了!
Anna! I…we weren't expecting you.
安娜!我...我们没想到你这就回来了。
Yes I can see that – perhaps you could tidy up your desk Tom.
是的,我可以看到,也许你可以整理你的办公桌,汤姆。
Very funny Anna – still trying to be the boss! So did you have a good trip? Did you get some 'head space'?
真有趣,安娜,仍试着做老板!那么你旅途愉快吗?你有一些“思考的时间”吗?
Eh?
呃?
He means time alone to think about the things you want to think about.
他的意思是,独自一人思考需要考虑的事情。
Tell him you've been chewing things over – it means you've been thinking about your proposals and say I have come to a final decision.
告诉他,你一直在思考问题,这意味着你一直在考虑建议,你就说你已经做出了最终决定。
OK, well it's true; I have done a lot of thinking.
好吧,的确是这样。我做了很多思考。
Tom, I did have some head space and a chance to… chew things over…
汤姆,我确实有一些思考的时间,还有机会……仔细权衡……
Yes! Yes! And?
好的!好的!然后呢?
And I've come to a final decision. The answer is 'yes'. I accept.
我已经做出了最终决定。答案是“是”。我接受。
There's no doubt really… I should give it a go… I need the experience… and besides, what's the worst thing that can happen?
毫无疑问,真的……我应该尝试一下……我需要经验……此外,最糟糕的事情会是什么呢?
Oh Anna. I'm so happy. You won't regret your decision.
哦,安娜。我太开心了。你不会后悔你的决定。
Hmm – is Anna really saying 'yes' to Tom's marriage proposal or has there been a misunderstanding?
嗯,安娜真的是对汤姆的求婚说“是”,还是有误解?
Here are some of the phrases we've heard today:
下面是我们今天听到的一些短语:
I've had a chance to chew things over
我有机会仔细权衡
I've come to a final decision
我已作出最后的决定
I'll give it a go
我会试一下
You won't regret your decision
你不会后悔你的决定
Find out if we can look forward to Anna and Tom's wedding in the next episode of English at Work. Bye!
看看我们在下一集的职场英语中是否会看到安娜和汤姆的婚礼,再见!