Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where there's a bit of confusion. Anna…
欢迎回到Tip Top Trading的办公室,这里有一些误解。安娜…
Yes?
怎么?
I think Tom's got the wrong end of the stick.
我认为汤姆误解了信息。
But I didn't give him a stick.
但我没有给他棍子。
No, no. I think there's been a misunderstanding. When you said your answer was 'yes', he thought you meant 'yes, I'll marry you'!
不是的,我认为存在误会。当你说答案是“是”时,他以为你的意思是“是的,我可以嫁给你”!
Oh no! I meant yes to the promotion. Gosh, I've got to sort this out.
噢,不好!我的意思是接受升职。天哪,我必须解决这个问题。
Tom, Tom, hold on please.
汤姆,汤姆,请稍等。
We can't hang about Anna. Let's fix a date, invite everyone, even Paul.
我们不能等,安娜。让我们确定一个日期,邀请所有人,甚至包括保罗。
No, no, we can't.
不,不,我们不能。
You're right, not Paul – he just talks about biscuits.
你说得对,不能邀请保罗,他只是谈论饼干。
No. I mean 'no', we can't get married. I meant yes to the promotion. I can't marry you.
不,我的意思是“不”,我们不能结婚。我的意思是同意升职。但我不能嫁给你。
What? So when you said 'yes' you meant 'no'?
什么?所以当你说“是”时,你的意思是“否”?
Yes.
是的。
I see. Right, that's it. Anna, I've made it very clear what I think about you and you… you… just throw it back in my face.
我懂了。好吧,就这样。安娜,我已经很清楚地表达了我对你的想法……但你……强硬拒绝。
I've had enough… enough of you… enough of this company. I quit!
我受够了……受够了你们……受够了这家公司。我不干了!
Anna. I think he's upset. He's having a tantrum.
安娜,我觉得他很伤心。他发脾气了。
A tantrum – is that serious?
发脾气,这么严重吗?
Not really. Maybe you need to calm him down and make him change his mind.
并不是的。也许你需要让他冷静下来,让他改变主意。
Tell him 'not to be too hasty', 'don't rush into a decision' and say 'we can work this out' – you can, can't you?
告诉他“不要太草率”,“不要急于做出决定”,并说“我们可以解决这个问题”,你可以,对吧?
I think I can.
我想我可以。
Tom, please, don't be too hasty. Let's talk about this. We can work something out, just don't rush into making a decision – please.
汤姆,拜托,不要太草率。让我们谈谈这件事。我们可以解决问题,只是请不要急于做出决定。
You're my best – my only – sales executive.
你是我最好的、唯一的销售人员。
Sorry Anna, I'm a free spirit. I must go where the wind takes me. You've had your chance, now it’s mine. I’m off.
对不起,安娜,我喜欢自由。我必须去自己想去的地方。你有你的机会,现在是我的机会。我走了。
Wow, I've never seen Tom be such a… man. Will this be the last time we ever see him?
哇,我从没见过汤姆这么……男人。这将是我们最后一次见到他吗?
Here are some of the phrases Anna used to try and get Tom not to leave:
下面是安娜用来劝说汤姆不要离开的一些短语:
Don't be too hasty
不要太草率
Don't rush into making a decision
不要急于做出决定
We can work this out
我们可以解决这个问题
…erm, sorry, I just forgot to take my special mug. Bye.
呃,对不起,我只是忘了带上我特别的杯子。再见!