All three surveyed me, and all three were silent.
三个人都仔细打量我,三个人都不说话。
"Hannah," said Mr. St. John, at last, "let her sit there at present, and ask her no questions;
“汉娜,”圣·约翰先生终于说,“这会儿就让她坐在那里吧,别问她问题。
in ten minutes more, give her the remainder of that milk and bread.
十分钟后把剩下的牛奶和面包给她。
Mary and Diana, let us go into the parlour and talk the matter over."
玛丽和黛安娜,我们到客厅去,仔细谈谈这件事吧。”
They withdrew. Very soon one of the ladies returned -- I could not tell which.
他们出去了。很快一位小姐回来了--我分不出是哪一位。
A kind of pleasant stupor was stealing over me as I sat by the genial fire.
我坐在暖融融的火炉边时,一种神思恍惚的快感悄悄地流遍我全身。
In an undertone she gave some directions to Hannah.
她低声吩咐了汉娜。
Ere long, with the servant's aid, I contrived to mount a staircase;
没有多久,在佣人的帮助下,我挣扎着登上楼梯,
my dripping clothes were removed; soon a warm, dry bed received me.
脱去了湿淋淋的衣服,很快躺倒在一张温暖干燥的床上。
I thanked God -- experienced amidst unutterable exhaustion a glow of grateful joy -- and slept.
我感谢上帝--在难以言说的疲惫中感受到了一丝感激的喜悦--便睡着了。