Harry picked up the letter. It was addressed to him.
哈利捡起了信,是写给他的,
He ripped open the letter, and shouted, “It's from Sirius!”
他拆开信,大声说道:“是西里斯。”
“What?” said Ron and Hermione excitedly. “Read it aloud!”
“什么?”罗恩和荷米恩兴奋的说,“念出来。”
Dear Harry, I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle.
亲爱的哈利:我希望这只猎头鹰能在你见到你姨丈和姨妈之前找到你。
I don't know whether they're used to owl post.
我不知道他们是否可以适应猫头鹰邮件。
Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands.
毕克碧和我藏得很好。我不会告诉你我们在哪儿以防这封信落到别人手里。
I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.
我有点怀疑这只猫头鹰的可信赖性。但是,它是我能够找到的最好的,而且它对这份工作很热心。
I believe the Dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here.
我相信得蒙特仍然在搜寻我,但是他们根本没希望找到我。
I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts,
我正打算让一些马格人不久以后见见我,在距离霍格瓦彻很远的地方,
so that the security on the castle will be lifted.
以便城堡的安全得以保证。
There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting.
这里还有一件事我一直无法在我们短促的相见中告诉你。
It was I who sent you the Firebolt —
是我给你的霹雳——
“Ha!” said Hermione triumphantly. “See! I told you it was from him!”
“哈!”荷米恩得意地说。“我就知道,我告诉过你,它是来自他那儿的!”
“Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he?” said Ron. “Ouch!”
“是的,但是他做得不错,不是吗?”罗恩说,“哎哟。”
The tiny owl now hooting happily in his hand, had nibbled one of his fingers in what it seemed to think was an affectionate way.
那只小猫头鹰,高兴地在他的手中来叫着,啄着他的手指,好像对它来说那是一种亲近他的方法。
Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me.
克路殊克替我把定单带到办公室去的,
I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault number seven hundred and eleven — my own.
我用了你的名字,但是告诉他们到格林高斯银行圆屋顶的第七百一十一个横条处去取金子——我自己的。