“What do you reckon?” Ron asked the cat. “Definitely an owl?”
“你在算计些什么?”罗恩问那只猫,“它的确是一只猫头鹰。”
Crookshanks purred. “That's good enough for me,” said Ron happily. “He's mine.”
克路殊一党一 “喵,喵”地叫着。 “对我来说真是太棒了。”罗恩高兴地说,“它是我的了。”
Harry read and reread the letter from Sirius all the way back into King's Cross station.
在去国王大道车站的路上,哈利一遍又一遍的读着西里斯的来信。
It was still clutched tightly in his hand as he, Ron, and Hermione stepped back through the barrier of platform nine and three-quarters.
当他和罗恩还有荷米恩走过站台上九又四分之三的栏杆时,他仍还紧紧的摸着那封信。
Harry spotted Uncle Vernon at once.
这时,他突然看见了维能姨丈。
He was standing a good distance from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, eyeing them suspiciously,
他站在离威斯里夫人和先生远远的地方,疑惑地看着他们。
and when Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry in greeting,
当威斯里夫人紧紧抱着他问候的时候,
his worst suspicions about them seemed confirmed.
他确信他的疑虑。
“I'll call about the World Cup!” Ron yelled after Harry as Harry bid him and Hermione good-bye,
“我会就关于世界杯的事打电话给你的!”罗恩在哈利身后大声喊着。
then wheeled the trolley bearing his trunk and Hedwig's cage toward Uncle Vernon, who greeted him in his usual fashion.
哈利向他和荷米恩告别后,推着装着他的行李和海维的笼子的小推车向维能姨丈走去。他和往常一样问候了他。
“What's that?” he snarled, staring at the envelope Harry was still clutching in his hand.
“这是什么?”他咆哮着,紧盯着哈利拿在手里的信封。
“If it's another form for me to sign, you've got another —”
“如果这是另一张要让我签名的表格,你就会被——”
“It's not,” said Harry cheerfully. “It's a letter from my godfather.”
“这不是,”哈利兴高采烈的说。“这是一封来自我的教父的信。”
“Godfather?” sputtered Uncle Vernon. “You haven't got a godfather!”
“教父?”维能姨丈急促地说,“你哪里有什么教父?”
“Yes, I have,” said Harry brightly. “He was my mum and dad's best friend.
“不,我有,”哈利高兴的说,“他是我妈妈和爸爸最好的朋友。
He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run.
他被控谋杀,但是他从魔法师监狱中逃了出来,而且现在仍然逃离在外。
He likes to keep in touch with me, though … keep up with my news … check if I'm happy …”
但是,他会和我保持联系的……了解有关我的消息……看看我是否过得开心……
And, grinning broadly at the look of horror on Uncle Vernon's face,
“十分开心地看着维能姨丈脸上那恐惧的神情,
Harry set off toward the station exit, Hedwig rattling along in front of him,
哈利向出站口走去,海维在他前面”嘎,嘎“地叫着,
for what looked like a much better summer than the last.
这看起来是一个再好不过的夏天了。