If you look close, you can see traces of radiation on the film.
仔细观察,就能看到底片上的辐射痕迹。
I was holding the camera like this, and it was coming up from the ground, like that.
我用这个姿势拿相机,辐射从地面升上来,就像这样。
Your eyes hurt and there was a metal taste in your mouth, those are the two things you felt.
你的眼睛很痛,嘴里有金属味道,这是你会有的两个感觉。
And once you felt that, you knew you'd gotten more than your dose.
一旦你有了这些感觉,代表你已经吸收过度辐射。
You couldn't feel your teeth up there.
在上面根本感觉不到自已的牙齿。
Your mouth was full of this lead taste.
嘴里都是铅的味道。
You went like this, but you couldn't hear anything.
你会这样做,可是你什么都听不到。
Everything was covered in lead.
一切都被铅所覆盖。
Even today, twenty years later, I can still taste the lead in my mouth.
即使是年后的今天,我还是可以尝到嘴里的铅味。
Thousands of them will discover that this peculiar taste means the invisible enemy is attacking.
这几千人将会发现,嘴内这种奇特的味道代表无形的敌人正在入侵。
Because as the bio-robots are sacrificing their lives on the roof of the plant the clean-up continues
正当生物机器人牺牲自已生命在电厂屋顶工作,
throughout the 30-kilometer zone, 24 hours a day, rain or shine.
广及30公里的区域,清洁工作也持续进行24小时无休,风雨无阻。
Where normally it would take one man one hour to do a job, here in Chernobyl, it took sixty people.
通常一个人一小时就能完成的工作,在切尔诺贝利则需要六个人。
When we came down off the roof, it felt like our blood had been sucked dry by vampires;
我们从屋顶下来后,感觉就像全身的血被吸血鬼吸干,
we were drained, we couldn't move.
全身虚脱,无法行动。
Some people would have nosebleeds.
有人会流鼻血。
The firemen were right there.
消防员就在现场。
If someone's nose started bleeding, they got sent to the hospital.
如果有人开始流鼻血,就把他们送去医院。
If we collapsed, we got sent home, but we wanted to hold out.
如果我们倒下去,就会被送回家。
But at the time, we were young and strong.
但我们都想撑下去,当时我们都年轻力壮。
Our health is shot, we've lost everything.
但是我们从此失去了健康,我们失去了一切。
They wrote in my record that we'd got 20.5 roentgens.
病历上记录,我们吸收了20.5.伦琴。
But what did that mean?
但是那能代表什么?
That number was several times lower than the actual dose.
我们实际吸收的剂量,是那个数字的好几倍。