手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

对运动过敏的体操冠军

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Natasha Coates

娜塔莎·科茨

Doing gymnastics with a chronic illness can be really difficult.

体操对我这种慢性病患者而言真的很难。

My body causes me to have life threatening allergic reactions so seemingly nothing.

我患有可能危及生命的过敏反应,表面看起来貌似无关紧要。

So sweating or crying could be a trigger.

出汗或哭泣都可能是我犯病的诱因。

I've nearly died from laughing too much with my friends.

我和朋友们笑得太多也差点要了我的命。

But I love being able to fly through the air and flip and twist and spin.

但我喜欢飞在空中,喜欢翻转、扭动、旋转。

It's just something that feels really free to me.

我觉得这样的运动让我自由。

My name's Natasha Coates and I'm an elite disability gymnast.

我叫娜塔莎·科茨,是一名顶级残疾人体操运动员。

I was number one in the UK for four years running.

我在英国连续四年拿下第一名。

I have won 22 British titles and 38 British medals.

我获得了22个英国冠军和38枚英国奖牌。

I started gymnastics when I was eight years old at my local recreational club.

我8岁时在家乡的娱乐俱乐部开始练体操。

And I've been doing gymnastics ever since.

从那时起,我就一直在做体操。

My condition didn't become severe till I was 18.

直到18岁,我的过敏情况突然变得很严重。

One day I went in anaphylactic shock.

某一天,我甚至得了过敏性休克。

It was completely out of the blue, nobody knew what caused that.

这完全出乎意料,没人知道这次过敏的诱因是什么。

Mast cell activation syndrome is a rare condition that affects your immune system.

肥大细胞活化综合征是一种罕见疾病,会影响人的免疫系统。

So when you get stung by a bee, and that's all, you get a raised itchy bump,

当你被蜜蜂蜇了一下,被蛰的部位会有一个凸起的瘙痒肿块

that's from histamine, which is released from the muscle.

那是由肌肉释放的组胺引起的。

My body does that when there's no trigger, I can be sat in my room doing nothing, nothing's changed.

但对我而言,即使没有诱因,我自己坐在房间里什么都不做,也没有什么变化,我依然会发病。

download.jpg

And the cells just sweat and release all those chemicals, which send me in anaphylactic shock.

我身体的细胞只是正常工作,释放出所有的化学物质,而这也会让我产生过敏性休克

So just as somebody who had an allergy, if they eat peanuts, their throat would swell, their tongue would swell,

就像患有过敏症的人,吃花生会让他们的喉咙肿胀,舌头肿胀,

they'll struggle to breathe because you airway is shortening and you feel like you just gonna suffocate to death.

他们会呼吸困难,因为呼吸道缩短了,让你觉得你会窒息而死。

And that is a real possibility with this condition.

引发过敏症的诱因有一个真正的可能。

They're some that are caused by triggers.

也就是过敏原。

So I know things such as getting too hot or too cold and cause a reaction.

我知道太热或太冷会引起身体反应。

Certain foods can be an issue, strong smells, strong emotions can be a trigger.

某些食物,强烈的气味,强烈的情绪都可能是过敏原。

I'm literally allergic to everything.

我对任何东西都过敏。

Seeing me fitting.

看看我是怎样适应的。

Training time.

现在是训练时间。

When I became unwell, I still wanted to carry on.

当我不舒服的时候,我仍然想坚持下去。

I just wanted to adapt to it.

我只是想适应我的身体情况。

There can be a lot of contradicting points between having mast cell activation syndrome and gymnastics.

肥大细胞激活综合征和体操之间可能有很多矛盾之处。

My diet is quite restricted,

我能吃的东西很有限,

I'm quite malnourished with iron and things like that.

我缺铁和类似的营养物质。

Sometimes the exercises can be really, really hard, but I enjoy building up my strength and seeing an improvement in myself.

有时候锻炼真的很难,但我喜欢锻炼自己的力量,看到自己的进步。

Unfortunately it takes me quite a lot longer than everybody else that's able bodied, but that always makes the victory that a little bit sweeter.

不幸的是,我比其他身体健全的人花的时间要长得多,但这总是让胜利的果实更甜蜜一点。

Sometimes I do push myself too far and I regret it and I ended up paying for it.

有时候我真的把自己逼得太紧了,我很后悔,结果我为此付出了代价。

I have lost count of how many times I've been in hospitals.

我已经记不清我住过多少次医院了。

Its way over 500 times.

超过500次吧。

It works out on average every two weeks.

平均每两周去一次医院。

It's got to the stage where most of the staff know me by my first name, and I knew them by their first name.

我现在的情况是,大多数医护人员都知道我的名字,我也知道他们的名字。

Thanks to social media.

感谢社交媒体。

I've been able to get in contact with people that have the same condition as me.

我接触到很多和我一样的人。

Most of them are in America.

他们大多数都在美国。

And we have this lovely little group of about four or five of us.

我们有一个可爱的小团体,大约四五个人。

I'm the only one from England.

我是唯一一个来自英国的。

And we are constantly joking about my accent between us and they really are like my sisters.

我们经常对我的口音开玩笑,她们真的像我的姐妹。

Unfortunately, a couple of years ago, one of the girls Taylor passed away.

不幸的是,几年前,一个叫泰勒的女孩去世了。

She'd been quiet unwell,

她一直很不舒服

It was really hard not just to lose my best friend, but the reality of the condition that I'm living with.

我真的很难过,不仅是因为我失去了我最好的朋友,还为我生活的现状。

'Cause as much as you can try and make it as light as possible, and that is life threatening and the chances are it will kill me one day.

你尽可能的努力减轻症状,但它还是威胁我的生命,有一天它会杀死我。

Seeing the pain that I went through when she passed and knowing that one day, all the people that I love and care about, are gonna feel that same pain.

她去世时我很痛苦,而且我知道有一天,我爱和关心的所有人都会感到同样的痛苦。

It's a really hard thing to carry, that's why sometimes I want to cut myself off from the world.

这是一件很难承受的事情,这就是为什么有时候我想把自己与世界割裂。

So when it does happen, it doesn't hurt them, but I need them.

这样的话,当死亡真正降临时,他们不会受到伤害,但我需要他们。

I need my friends and they need me, if I had many conversations with them about it, 'cause we're very open.

我需要我的朋友,他们也需要我,我和他们经常聊到死亡,我们很开放的。

They're just happy that I'm happy with what I'm doing.

他们只是很高兴于我对自己所做的感到满意。

And I'm really blessed to have them.

我真的很幸运有他们。

It's not the metals that count for me, it's the experience.

对我来说,重要的不是奖牌,而是经历。

I love to go out and perform and show people that just because you're ill doesn't mean your life has to stop.

我喜欢出去表演,喜欢向人们展示,因为生病并不意味着你的生活就必须停止。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mast [mɑ:st]

想一想再看

n. 船桅,旗杆,天线杆 abbr. 磁性环形激波管(风

 
threatening ['θretniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 威胁(性)的,凶兆的 动词threaten的现

 
twist [twist]

想一想再看

v. 拧,捻,搓,扭曲
n. 扭曲,盘旋,捻,

 
restricted [ris'triktid]

想一想再看

vt. 限制,约束 adj. 受限制的,有限的,保密的

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
cell [sel]

想一想再看

n. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室

 
perform [pə'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 执行,运转,举行,表演

联想记忆
elite [ei'li:t]

想一想再看

n. 精华,精锐,中坚份子

联想记忆
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。