Ladies and gentlemen, one of our greatest poets.
女士们先生们,掌声有请我们最伟大的诗人。
Name?
姓名?
Sassoon, Siegfried.
萨松,西格夫里。
Rank?
军衔?
Second Lieutenant.
少尉。
Disease?
疾病状况?
I've had some sort of breakdown.
我有点崩溃了。
Your lot is with the ghosts of soldiers dead, and I am in the field where men must fight.
你与士兵的亡灵同在,而我将在沙场继续战斗。
Your duty lies in obeying orders.
你的职责在于服从命令。
In the face of such slaughter, one cannot simply order one's conscience.
面对这样的屠杀,一个人的良知肯定会受到影响。
Good morning, Doctor.
早上好,医生。
We have a house magazine. I'm sure it would welcome a contribution.
我们有一份内部刊物。我相信它一定会收到大量投稿的。
Well, I'll try to write something light and amusing.
好吧,我尽量写些轻松有趣的东西。
There's no need to go that far.
倒也没必要如此。
Who is this extremely beautiful young man?
这位这么帅气的年轻人是谁啊?
Sassoon, Siegfried.
萨松,西格夫里。
It sounds Wagnerian.
听起来挺瓦格纳式的。
I'm anxious to meet our distinguished guest.
我很想见见我们的贵宾。
All the fine young cannibals.
这些都是年轻善良的食人族。
What should I do about my hair?
我的头发该怎么办?
Have you considered topiary?
你有考虑过修剪一下吗?
It's one of the inconveniences of the shadow life we lead.
这是我们过着影子生活的不便之一。
Friends may come, friends may go. Enemies are always faithful.
朋友来来往往。但敌人始终如一。
Life goes slowly on.
生命缓缓消逝。
Trying to understand the enigma of other people.
试着去理解别人的困惑。
You're going to marry her?
你要娶她?
If the intention wasn't pure, I don't think I could go through it.
如果意图不纯粹,我想我是不会做的。
Purity is like virginity. As soon as you touch it, it becomes corrupt.
纯洁就如同贞洁。只要你一碰它,它就会腐烂掉了。
Too afraid, too inhibited.
太害怕了,太压抑了。
You are not alone.
你并不是一个人。
My whole future could depend on you.
我的未来与你相伴。
All my life, I feel as though I've been waiting for a catastrophe to happen.
在我的一生中,我觉得我好像一直在等待一场灾难的发生。
Most people live for the moment. You live for eternity.
大多数人都活在当下。而你,永垂不朽。