Miss Dalton, it is common knowledge you have been cast into this world without fortune or prospects.
道尔顿小姐,众所周知,你被投到这个世界上,是既没有财富也没有前途。
It is my desire to have you, as my wife.
我希望你能成为我的妻子。
I am greatly honored by your offer, but I cannot accept.
你的提议使我深感荣幸,但我不能接受。
This offer will not be extended a second time.
我不会再第二次求婚了。
Third, actually!
实际上是第三次了!
Out of my way, idiot geese!
别挡道,你们这些蠢鹅!
My dearest Selina, will you come visit me in London. I promise you will be well entertained.
亲爱的塞琳娜,你会来伦敦看我吗?我保证你会被盛情款待的。
I need your assistance. There is a gentleman, Mr. Malcolm. He humiliated me. No.
我需要你的帮助。有一位名叫马尔科姆的先生。他羞辱我。不是吧。
I then found out he had a list.
然后我发现他有一张要求清单。
You have list of qualifications for a bride?
你有新娘的条件清单吗?
I would love for Mr. Malcolm to receive the comeuppance he deserves. Plus, it could be rather fun.
我希望马尔科姆先生得到他应得的惩罚。此外,这可能会很有趣。
If we present you as the perfect woman, then he discovers he does not meet the requirements on your list, that would be a perfect sort of poetic justice.
如果我们把你描绘成一个完美的女人,然后他发现他不符合你的要求,这简直就是完美的理想赏罚。
Mr. Malcolm, there's someone I want to introduce you to. Miss Selina Dalton.
马尔科姆先生,我想给你介绍一个人认识。塞琳娜·道尔顿小姐。
I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance. Perhaps you might join me for a tour of the picture gallery.
很高兴认识你。也许你可以和我一起参观一下美术馆。
Most ertainly have a reputation.
这里的大多数作品都有一定的声誉。
Is that the famous Mr. Malcolm? Do you know him?
那就是大名鼎鼎的马尔科姆先生吗?你认识他吗?
And do you blieve this description of me?
你相信这种对我的描述吗?
He was very impressed by her witty humor.
她的诙谐幽默给他留下了深刻的印象。
I must be near-sighted!
我一定是近视眼!
May I assist.
我来帮你。
Selina, it is working!
塞琳娜,成功了!
Why did you come to London, Miss Dalton?
道尔顿小姐,你因为什么来伦敦呢?
Because I was lonely.
因为我很孤独。
I was lonely too before you came.
你来之前我也很孤独。
Your list is a shield. You do not want to give your heart to a woman unworthy.
你的清单是你的盾牌。你不想把自己的心交给一个不值得的女人。
It gives us hope, and hope is a good thing.
它给了我们希望,而希望是一个好东西。
Perhaps I am mistaken in thinking hope a useless thing.
也许,我认为希望是无用的东西,这个观点是错误的。
You're being blinded by his intelligent conversation and devastatingly handsome good looks.
你被他睿智的言谈和帅气的外表蒙蔽了双眼。
What?
怎么了?
You thought to humiliate Malcolm, and you end up presenting him with the perfect wife. And that must sting.
你想羞辱马尔科姆,结果却给了他一个完美的妻子。一定让人很不爽吧。
Wish me luck, old boy.
祝我好运吧,老伙计。
I don't think you'll need it.
我认为你并不需要祝福。
It is time to show Malcolm your list.
是时候给马尔科姆看你的清单了。
I do not think Mr. Malcolm is the man you think he is.
我觉得马尔科姆先生不是你想的那种人。
It seems you have been deceiving me from the beginning.
看来你从一开始就在欺骗我。
Love cannot be planned so carefully. It will stir things up a bit. That is part of its charm.
爱情是不可能如此精心计划的。这会让事情变得更复杂。而这也是它的魅力所在。