What is your - Thank you.
你们和——谢谢。
What is your connection to dance?
你们和舞蹈之间有什么联系?
Do you love the ballet, or maybe you watch those dance competitions on television?
你喜欢芭蕾舞吗,喜欢看电视上的舞蹈比赛吗?
Or did you jump into the hora at that bar mitzvah one time?
或者你在成人礼上跳过霍拉舞吗?
I want you to reconsider your connection to dance, because I believe it to be a simple and successful way of accessing happiness within.
我希望你重新想想自己与舞蹈的联系,因为我认为跳舞是一种非常简单就能让内心获得快乐的方式。
What do you need to participate?
跳舞需要什么道具吗?
Virtually nothing...
什么都不需要……
But your will to explore and have a little fun.
只需要你愿意探索和享受乐趣的心。
No music, no partner required.
不需要音乐,不需要舞伴。
When I choreograph for film, television and commercials, I often generate moves that are based on the human experience.
我为电影、电视和商业广告编舞时,经常根据人类行为创造不同的动作。
I take these moves, I string them together, twist and play with their pace, in order to create more meaningful work.
我创造这些动作,把它们串连在一起,配合它的节奏扭动身体,来创造更有意义的作品。
Let me show you what I mean.
让我来解释一下。
Here's a music video, "Chandelier," that I choreographed for Sia, featuring the incredible dancer Maddie Ziegler.
这是我为Sia的《枝形吊灯》设计的MV,舞者是优秀的曼迪·齐格勒。
Won’t open my eyes
不要睁开双眼
Keep my glass full until morning light
把我的杯子倒满,直到天亮
Because I'm just holding on for tonight
因为我只是为了今晚坚持
Help me, I'm holding on for dear life
帮帮我,我坚持不懈地生活
Won't look down, won't open my eyes
不往下看,不睁开双眼
Keep my glass full until morning light
把我的杯子倒满,直到天亮
Because I'm just holding on for tonight
因为我只是为了今晚坚持
On for tonight
只为今晚坚持
Sun is up
太阳升起
Now, let's play that video one more time.
现在,让我们再播放一次这段视频。
And I want to show you what inspired those moves.
我想向你们展示是什么启发我创作了这些动作。
You may be surprised at how rudimentary the sources are.
这些动作的原型可能会让人觉得简单得过头。
And fork, fork, fork, stab it in the wall, toss it and pass out, come to and look; Charlie Chaplin, Charlie Chaplin, cockroach up the wall, clean your mustache, a possum, sink...
叉子、叉子、叉子,把它插进墙里,丢掉,然后昏倒,醒过来,然后四处看看;卓别林、卓别林,蟑螂爬上墙,清洁一下胡子,负鼠,下沉……
Is it time for lunch yet?
该吃午饭了吗?
Thanks.
谢谢。
See, even a cute little cockroach can inspire a dance move.
你看,即使是一只可爱的小蟑螂也能作为舞步的灵感。
But it really is that easy.
但跳舞真的就是那么简单。
And, look...
而且……
Most people can't dance like Maddie, including myself.
大多数人都不能跳得像曼迪一样好,包括我自己。
And that's the point.
这就是问题的关键。
We all have our own beautiful ways of moving, and this is worth celebrating.
我们都可以用自己的方式美丽地舞动,这是值得赞美的。
It’s time to extract the judgment out of our dance experience and set free the preconceived notion of what "good" dance is.
我们应该丢掉那些对我们舞蹈经验的评判,不再先入为主地定义什么是“好的”舞蹈。
And instead...
我们应该……
Find out how your own body loves to move, and find out that inner rhythm that feels so good.
找到自己喜欢的舞动方式,找出身体里让你感觉不错的节奏。
Think more body...
对于我们自己的身体,要思考……
Less critique.
而不是评价。
So you may ask, "Well, how do I access or unlock this dance magic?"
所以你可能会问,“那我如何获得或解锁这种舞蹈的魔力呢?”
Well, once you have the perspective that life is dance, yeah?
一旦你获得了“生活就是舞蹈”这种观点。
You'll begin to see dance everywhere around you, all day long, like I do.
你会能发现舞蹈无时无刻围绕着你,一整天都是,我就是这样认为的。
Like now.
就像现在。
Witness how you're sitting in front of me.
看到你们怎样坐在我面前。
Your posture.
你的姿势。
Are both feet grounded?
两只脚都放在地上吗?
Is one leg crossed over the other?
一条腿搭在另一条腿上吗?
Where are your hands placed?
你的手放在哪里?
Or envision...
或者想象一下……
A parent rocking their child.
一位家长摇着他们的孩子。
It's a playful flourish, right?
这也是一种有趣的舞动,对吧?
Tying your shoe.
系鞋带。
A grand gesture.
不错的姿态。
Drinking a glass of water.
喝一杯水。
The stylized head release.
有风格的仰头。