Humans and cauliflower share a common ancestor going back over 420 years.
人类和花菜有共同的祖先,可以追溯到420多年前。
Which is why to this day, cauliflower is a very accurate map of the human brain.
这就是为什么直到如今,花菜依然可以很准确地反映人类大脑构造。
You suck at cooking, yeah you totally suck.
你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了。
Now, I'm no brain expert, but I do know enough about the brain to be able to tell you what every single little part does.
我不是大脑专家,但我对大脑也有一些了解,可以告诉你大脑的每个微小的部分有什么功能。
This is the cerebral flortex .
这就是“菜脑皮质”(flortex是cortex加flora新造的词)。
It governs your ability to sense and navigate across the ground.
它主管感知和在地面上寻找方向的能力。
This is your "ankle center," it's an evolutionary leftover from when humans had no torso or legs, so, uh, 20% of the brain was used to process ankle function.
这是你的“脚踝中心”,这是进化过程中遗留下来的部分,当时人类没有躯干或腿,所以20%的大脑用于处理脚踝功能。
So I'm just gonna take this standard RCA cable and jam that into my skull, and then reroute that into my camera.
我要把这根标准RCA线塞进我的头骨,然后把它重新接到相机里。
This little part right here is the speech control, it helps you know, govern, the way your pitch works, the way the contour and timber of your voice works.
这一小部分是控制语音的,主要调节你的音调、声线和音色。
It'd be pretty cool if you could play with that in real life.
要是现实中也能这样玩自己的声音,那就太酷了。
Going on a date, if you want to impress someone you can make your voice sound like this, but, you know, we have the voice that we have.
去约会的时候,如果你想给别人留下深刻印象,就可以让你的声音听起来像这样,但是,我们有什么声音就是什么声音。
This part here controls the vision. Your eyes are obviously a pretty important part of your body.
这部分控制视觉,你的眼睛显然是身体的一个相当重要的部分。
'Cause without them, um, you wouldn't be able to watch Netflix.
因为没有了眼睛,你就看不了网飞的剧了。
Ouch, yeah, I feel that. Whoops. See if I can...Get...no...I severed that.
哎哟,我感觉到了。啊,看看我能不能......不行......我把它掰断了。
That's vision. Oh! Shit!
这就是视觉。啊,糟了。
Luckily the brain is adaptable and I just...It's...It's too hard to explain.
幸运的是大脑适应能力很强,我只是......这很难解释清楚。(编不下去了)
This here is your memory center. You gotta be careful when you fiddle around with this one.
这里是你的记忆中心,玩这个地方的时候要小心。
Hey! How many times do I have to tell you? Stop playing with your food!
嘿!我跟你们说了多少次?食物是吃的不是玩的!
This piece regulates breathing, circulation, skeletal, lymphatic, urinary, cardio, digestive, respiratory, endocrine, and reproductive systems.
这个部分调节呼吸、循环、骨骼、淋巴、泌尿、心脏、消化、呼吸、内分泌和生殖系统。
Elbows.
还有肘部。
And this half of the brain is devoted to second guessing text messages.
这一半的大脑用来在发短信时反复推敲字句。
And that's the brain.
这就是大脑的结构。
So I'm gonna get these into smaller pieces, about yea big, or smaller or bigger.
我要把它们切成更小的部分,大约有这么大,或者小一点,或者大一点。
A lot of them will just break off at the right size. What is the right size?
其实掰下来的大小就正合适,合适的大小是多大?
I really like raw cauliflower, it tastes great.
我真的很喜欢生花菜,超好吃。
Bowl that. Olive oil, put in a little bit of coconut oil for sweetness.
装进碗里。加橄榄油,加一点椰子油,让它有点甜味。
See how that's not pouring? Throw some in there.
看到没,根本倒不出来?直接挖一点扔进去。
Salt-- some salt. Pepper, pepper, pepper. And some curry powder.
来点盐,胡椒胡椒胡椒,还有一些咖喱粉。
We're gonna wanjangle this until it's all smooth, and by smooth, I mean bumpy, 'cause cauliflower is not smooth.
搅拌到顺滑,我说顺滑其实是指疙疙瘩瘩,因为花菜不可能变得顺滑。(wanjangle是wangle加jangle的新造词,表示“搅拌”。)
Onto the pan, Onion's (oven's) on four-something. Just make it hot.
倒在烤盘上,烤箱调400多度,加热一下就行了。
The word cauliflower is an anagram for "awful recoil," and that's because you shouldn't eat cauliflower?
花菜这个单词,把字母重新排序就是“可怕退缩”,因为你不应该吃花菜?
Alright, let's...Whoa! Just jumped.
好的,让我们......哇哦!手滑了。
Let's give these a good rustling. And, kind of like, any vegetable, you can cook it a little, or a lot.
把它翻一翻,和其他蔬菜一样,可以烤生一点,也可以烤熟一点。
These will get mushy if you overcook them, just like steaming, or boiling.
花菜烤得太过就会变成糊状,吃起来像蒸的或者煮的一样。
Don't boil vegetables, have at least a modicum of respect for yourself, and for vegetables.
不要煮蔬菜,至少要对自己和蔬菜有一点点尊重。
Let's try these.
尝一个看看。
Mmm! I was gonna put these back in, but these are done, man.
嗯!我本来想再放进去烤一下的,但这样已经烤好了。
That was maybe, 15 minutes, really hot?
好像烤了15分钟就熟了?
So, you know, they're much better when they're still just a little bit crisp in my opinion, but I'm not you!
我觉得口感脆一点更好吃,但我和你的口味毕竟不同!
You're just gonna have to go with, um, your own, personal, private feelings inside, which are governed by the emotional center, which is right.
你得遵从你自己的、个人的、私人的内心感受,这是由情绪中心控制的,而且是正确的做法。
Here. So delicious!
啊,太好吃了!
And it's up. Just tastes so good.
吃完了,味道太好了。
You suck at cooking, oh my God.
你的厨艺弱爆了,我的天。
You suck, you suck, at cooking, oh my God.
弱爆了,你的厨艺弱爆了,我的天。
You suck so much, at cooking, you suck, so much.
你的厨艺弱爆了,弱爆了。