手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第91期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(02)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The Conclave met in Oldtown behind closed doors, Tyrion knew;

枢机会于旧镇的学城里召开,提利昂心想,

its deliberations were supposedly a secret.

会谈的内容都是秘密,毫无疑问,

So Varys has little birds in the Citadel too.

瓦里斯在哪儿也有小小鸟。

"I see.

“我明白了,

So my father decided to nip the rose before it bloomed."

父亲决定在玫瑰绽放前将其摘下。”

He had to chuckle.

他忍不住低声轻笑。

"Pycelle is a toad.

“派席尔是个讨厌的蛤蟆,

But better a Lannister toad than a Tyrell toad, no?"

但兰尼斯特的蛤蟆总好过提利尔的蛤蟆,对吧?”

"Grand Maester Pycelle has always been a good friend to your House," Varys said sweetly.

“派席尔大学士一直是你们家族的朋友,”瓦里斯甜腻腻地说,

"Perhaps it will console you to learn that Ser Boros Blount is also being restored."

“假如您得知柏洛斯?布劳恩爵士也官复原职,或许会更为欣慰。”

Cersei had stripped Ser Boros of his white cloak for failing to die in the defense of Prince Tornmen when Bronn had seized the boy on the Rosby road.

柏洛斯?布劳恩的白袍被瑟曦亲自剥夺,因为当拜瓦特在罗斯比路上虏走托曼时,他没有誓死捍卫她的儿子。

The man was no friend of Tyrion's, but after that he likely hated Cersei almost as much.

他不是提利昂的朋友,但经过此事,大概也同样痛恨瑟曦。

I suppose that's something.

这点很重要。

"Blount is a blustering coward," he said amiably.

“布劳恩是个虚张声势的懦夫,”他轻描淡写地说。

"Is he? Oh dear.

“是吗?噢,真可悲啊。

Still, the knights of the Kingsguard do serve for life, traditionally.

不过哪,按照传统,御林铁卫是终身职,

Perhaps Ser Boros will prove braver in future.

或许柏洛斯将来会有用处。

He will no doubt remain very loyal."

经过这次磨难,他无疑会变得非常忠诚。”

"To my father," said Tyrion pointedly.

“对我父亲忠诚,”提利昂尖刻地说。

"While we are on the subject of the Kingsguard…

“谈到御林铁卫…

I wonder, could this delightfully unexpected visit of yours happen to concern Ser Boros's fallen brother, the gallant Ser Mandon Moore?"

我在想,您这次令人惊喜的造访是否跟柏洛斯爵士去世的弟兄,咱们英勇的曼登?穆尔爵士有关呢?”

The eunuch stroked a powdered cheek.

太监摸摸扑粉的脸颊。

"Your man Brorm seems most interested in him of late."

“你的波隆似乎突然对他产生了兴趣。”

Bronn had turned up all he could on Ser Mandon, but no doubt Varys knew a deal more… should he choose to share it.

波隆已尽其所能地调查过曼登爵士,但毫无疑问,瓦里斯知道的更多…假如他愿意分享的话。

"The man seems to have been quite friendless," Tyrion said carefully.

“那人似乎少有亲朋,”提利昂谨慎地说。

"Sadly," said Varys, "oh, sadly.

“可惜啊,”瓦里斯说,“噢,真可惜,

You might find some kin if you turned over enough stones back in the Vale, but here…

若您肯将搜查范围扩大到艾林谷,或许就能发现他的亲戚了。但在君临嘛…

Lord Arryn brought him to King's Landing and Robert gave him his white cloak, but neither loved him much, I fear.

艾林公爵将他带来,劳勃赐予他白袍,仅此而已,俩人都没给他多余的关怀。

Nor was he the sort the smallfolk cheer in tourneys, despite his undoubted prowess.

而他尽管实力超群,却不是那种老百姓愿意在比武会上为之欢呼喝彩的人,

Why, even his brothers of the Kingsguard never warmed to him.

更奇怪的是,他和自个儿的铁卫弟兄们也没往来。

Ser Barristan was once heard to say that the man had no friend but his sword and no life but duty… but you know,

有人曾听巴利斯坦爵士言道,曼登爵士没有朋友,惟有宝剑,没有生活,惟有职责…

I do not think Selmy meant it altogether as praise.

您看,我觉得赛尔弥这话不完全是称赞。

Which is queer when you consider it, is it not?

只需仔细想一想,就会觉得其中的古怪,不是吗?

Those are the very qualities we seek in our Kingsguard, it could be said -- men who live not for themselves, but for their king.

他完全是理想中的御林铁卫,活着的唯一目的就是守护国王。没有任何家室牵累,

By those lights, our brave Ser Mandon was the perfect white knight.

从这些来看我们勇敢的曼登爵士是个完美的白衣骑士。

And he died as a knight of the Kingsguard ought, with sword in hand, defending one of the king's own blood."

而今他死得也符合御林铁卫的标准,手中擎剑,为了守护王族而英勇献身。”

The eunuch gave him a slimy smile and watched him sharply.

太监腻腻一笑,目光锐利地盯着他。

Trying to murder one of the king's own blood, you mean.

你的意思是,企图谋害王族而死于非命?

Tyrion wondered if Varys knew rather more than he was saying.

提利昂怀疑瓦里斯知道的比说出来的多。

Nothing he'd just heard was new to him; Brorm had brought back much the same reports.

刚才所言与波隆的报告大致相同,对他来说都不是新闻。

He needed a link to Cersei, some sign that Ser Mandon had been his sister's catspaw.

他需要的是一个连接瑟曦的环节,以证明曼登爵士是她的爪牙。

What we want is not always what we get, he reflected bitterly, which reminded him…

没有人能够随心所欲,他苦涩地反思,得到自己想要的东西…

"It is not Ser Mandon who brings me here."

“我不是为曼登爵士而来。”

"To be sure."

“我看出来了,”

The eunuch crossed the room to his flagon of water.

太监穿过屋子,来到盛水的酒壶边。

"May I serve you, my lord?"

“需要我为您效劳吗,大人?”

he asked as he filled a cup.

他边说边斟满一杯。

"Yes. But not with water."

“好的。但我要的不是水,”

He folded his hands together.

他双手交叠,

"I want you to bring me Shae."

“我要你把雪伊带来。”

Varys took a drink.

瓦里斯吮了一口。

"Is that wise, my lord? The dear sweet child.

“这明智吗,大人?她是个既亲切又可爱的孩子,

It would be such a shame if your father hanged her."

假如被您父亲大人吊死,真是太令人伤心了。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stripped [stript]

想一想再看

adj. 剥去的 v. 剥夺(strip的过去分词形式)

 
restored [ri'stɔ:d]

想一想再看

adj. 精力充沛的;精力恢复的 v. 修复(resto

联想记忆
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
unexpected ['ʌnik'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 想不到的,意外的

 
kin [kin]

想一想再看

n. 家族,亲属
adj. 亲属关系的,同类的

联想记忆
coward ['kauəd]

想一想再看

n. 懦夫
adj. 胆小的
Cow

联想记忆
console ['kɔnsəul,kən'səul]

想一想再看

vt. 安慰,慰藉
n. 仪表盘,操控台,(游

联想记忆
defense [di'fens]

想一想再看

n. 防卫,防卫物,辩护
vt. 防守

 
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
chuckle ['tʃʌkl]

想一想再看

v. 轻声笑,咯咯笑,暗自笑 n. 轻声笑,咯咯笑

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。