手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第99期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 艾莉亚(03)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“Well, as to that, I’m Tom of Sevenstreams, but Tom Sevenstrings is what they call me, or Tom o’ Sevens.

“是么?那好,我乃七泉地方的汤姆,人称七弦汤姆和七神汤姆。

This great lout with the brown teeth is Lem, short for Lemoncloak.

这大个子痴汉,黄板牙的,叫柠檬,柠檬斗篷的简称。

It’s yellow, you see, and Lem’s a sour sort.

你知道,柠檬是黄的,味道也很酸,和他的脾气差不多。

And young fellow me lad over there is Anguy, or Archer as we like to call him.”

那边的年轻小伙儿是安盖,我们叫他射手。”

“Now who are you?” demanded Lem, in the deep voice that Arya had heard through the branches of the willow.

“你到底是谁?”柠檬用艾莉亚刚才听过的低沉嗓音问。

She was not about to give up her true name as easy as that.

她可不会轻易透露真名。

“Squab, if you want,” she said. “I don’t care.”

“愿意的话,叫乳鸽也行,”她说,“我无所谓。”

The big man laughed.

大个子咧嘴一笑。

“A squab with a sword,” he said.

“拿剑的乳鸽,”他道,

“Now there’s something you don’t often see.”

“希奇,真希奇。”

“I’m the Bull,” said Gendry, taking his lead from Arya.

“我叫大牛,”詹德利边说边挡到艾莉亚前面。

She could not blame him for preferring Bull to Mutton Chop.

大牛至少比羊排好听。

Tom Sevenstrings strummed his harp.

七弦汤姆拨出一个愉快的音符,

“Hot Pie, Squab, and the Bull.

“热派、乳鸽和大牛,

Escaped from Lord Bolton’s kitchen, did you?”

你们是从波顿大人的厨房里逃跑的吗?”

“How did you know?”

“你怎知道?”

Arya demanded, uneasy.

艾莉亚有些不知所措。

“You bear his sigil on your chest, little one.”

“小家伙,你分明戴着他的纹章。”

She had forgotten that for an instant.

她居然忘了,

Beneath her cloak, she still wore her fine page’s doublet, with the flayed man of the Dreadfort sewn on her breast.

她在羊毛斗篷下仍旧穿着侍酒的制服,胸口缝有恐怖堡的剥皮人。

“Don’t call me little one!”

“我不是小家伙!”

“Why not?” said Lem.

“不对吗?”柠檬说,

“You’re little enough.”

“你就是个臭屁小孩。”

“I’m bigger than I was.

“我比以前长大了。

I’m not a child.”

而且我不是孩子。”

Children didn’t kill people, and she had.

孩子不会杀人,可我会。

“I can see that, Squab.

“我懂了,乳鸽,

You’re none of you children, not if you were Bolton’s.”

你不是寻常小孩,而是波顿家的崽。”

“We never were.”

“根本不对。”

Hot Pie never knew when to keep quiet.

热派根本不知道闭嘴。

“We were at Harrenhal before he came, that’s all.”

“事实上,他到赫伦堡之前我们就在那儿了。”

“So you’re lion cubs, is that the way of it?” said Tom.

“这么说,你们是小狮子,对吧?”汤姆道。

“Not that either.

“也不对,

We’re nobody’s men.

我们就是我们自己,不是谁的人。

Whose men are you?”

你们呢?”

Anguy the Archer said, “We’re king’s men.”

射手安盖说:“我们是国王的人。”

Arya frowned.

艾莉亚皱起眉头,

“Which king?”

“哪个国王?”

“King Robert,” said Lem, in his yellow cloak.

“劳勃国王,”黄斗篷的柠檬道。

“That old drunk?” said Gendry scornfully.

“那老酒鬼?”詹德利轻蔑地说,

“He’s dead, some boar killed him, everyone knows that.”

“他被野猪杀了,大家都知道。”

“Aye, lad,” said Tom Sevenstrings, “and more’s the pity.”

“是啊,孩子,”七弦汤姆道,“真令人遗憾。”

He plucked a sad chord from his harp.

他弹出一个哀伤的音符。

Arya didn’t think they were king’s men at all.

艾莉亚不相信对方是国王的人。

They looked more like outlaws, all tattered and ragged.

瞧他们穿得破破烂烂,活象一群土匪,

They didn’t even have horses to ride.

甚至连马都没有。

King’s men would have had horses.

国王的人应该有马才对。

But Hot Pie piped up eagerly.

热派听了却很激动。

“We’re looking for Riverrun,” he said.

“我们要去奔流城咧,”他说,

“How many days’ ride is it, do you know?”

“骑马得走多少天,你们知道吗?”

Arya could have killed him.

艾莉亚差点想杀了他,

“You be quiet, or I’ll stuff rocks in your big stupid mouth.”

“安静!否则我拿石头塞你的苯嘴巴。”

“Riverrun is a long way upstream,” said Tom.

“奔流城在上游,很远,”汤姆道,

“A long hungry way.

“远得会饿穿你们的肚皮。

Might be you’d like a hot meal before you set out?

出发以前,想不想吃顿热腾腾的饭菜呢?

There’s an inn not far ahead kept by some friends of ours.

前面不远处有家客栈,是我朋友开的。

We could share some ale and a bite of bread, instead of fighting one another.”

我说,咱们还是化干戈为玉帛,敬几杯酒,吃几块面包吧。”

“An inn?”

“一家客栈?”

The thought of hot food made Arya’s belly rumble, but she didn’t trust this Tom.

想到热腾腾的饭菜,艾莉亚的肚子打起咕噜来,但她不信任汤姆。

Not everyone who spoke you friendly was really your friend.

并非说话和气的就是朋友。

“It’s near, you say?”

“前面不远处?”

“Two miles upstream,” said Tom.

“往上游走两里地,”汤姆说,

“A league at most.”

“顶多一里格。”

Gendry looked as uncertain as she felt.

詹德利看上去跟她一样怀疑。

“What do you mean, friends?” he asked warily.

“你说的‘朋友’是什么意思?”他谨慎地问。

“Friends. Have you forgotten what friends are?”

“朋友就是朋友。没听过这个词吗?”柠檬道。

“Sharna is the innkeep’s name,” Tom put in.

“店家叫沙玛,”汤姆插嘴,

“She has a sharp tongue and a fierce eye, I’ll grant you that, but her heart’s a good one, and she’s fond of little girls.”

“舌尖眼厉,但我向你保证,她心肠好,而且最喜欢小女孩。”

“I’m not a little girl,” she said angrily.

“我不是小女孩,”她气愤地说,

“Who else is there? You said friends.”

“那儿还有谁?不止一个人吧?”

“Sharna’s husband, and an orphan boy they took in.

“还有沙玛的丈夫,以及一个被收养的孤儿。

They won’t harm you.

他们不会伤害你。

There’s ale, if you think you’re old enough.

到时候有麦酒——如果你能喝——

Fresh bread and maybe a bit of meat.”

有面包,也许还有一点肉。”

Tom glanced toward the cottage.

汤姆瞥瞥农舍,

“And whatever you stole from Old Pate’s garden besides.”

“外加你从老佩特的花园里偷的菜。”

“We never stole,” said Arya.

“我才不偷东西,”艾莉亚说。

“Are you Old Pate’s daughter, then?

“那你是老佩特的女儿喽?

A sister? A wife? Tell me no lies, Squab.

他妹妹?他老婆?得了,乳鸽,

I buried Old Pate myself, right there under that willow where you were hiding, and you don’t have his look.”

老佩特是我亲手埋的,就埋在你躲的那棵柳树下,你跟他长得可不像。”

He drew a sad sound from his harp.

他又拨出一个忧伤的音符。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
uncertain [ʌn'sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 不确定的

 
pity ['piti]

想一想再看

n. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜
v. 同情,怜悯

 
uneasy [ʌn'i:zi]

想一想再看

adj. 不自在的,心神不安的,不稳定的,不舒服的

 
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
chord [kɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 弦,和音,情绪

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。