手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 名著精讲 > 《老人与海》 > 正文

006 谈论棒球

编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"I would like to take the great DiMaggio fishing," the old man said.

“我满想陪那了不起的迪马吉奥去钓鱼,”老人说。

"They say his father was a fisherman.

“人家说他父亲也是个打鱼的。

Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand."

也许他当初也象我们这样穷,会领会我们的心意的。”

"The great Sisler's father was never poor and he, the father, was playing in the Big Leagues when he was my age."

“那了不起的西斯勒的爸爸可没过过穷日子,他爸爸象我这样年纪的时候就在联赛里打球了。”

"When I was your age I was before the mast on a square rigged ship that ran to Africa and I have seen lions on the beaches in the evening."

“我象你这样年纪的时候,就在一条去非洲的方帆船上当普通水手了,我还见过狮子在傍晚到海滩上来。”

"I know. You told me."

“我知道。你跟我谈起过。”

"Should we talk about Africa or about baseball?"

“我们来谈非洲还是谈棒球?”

"Baseball I think," the boy said.

“我看谈棒球吧,”孩子说。

"Tell me about the great John J.McGraw." He said Jota for J.

“给我谈谈那了不起的约翰·J·麦格劳的情况。”他把这个J念成了“何塔”。

"He used to come to the Terrace sometimes too in the older days.

“在过去的日子里,他有时候也常到露台饭店来。

But he was rough and harsh-spoken and difficult when he was drinking.

可是他一喝了酒,就态度粗暴,出口伤人,性子别扭。

His mind was on horses as well as baseball.

他脑子里想着棒球,也想着赛马。

At least he carried lists of horses at all times in his pocket and frequently spoke the names of horses on the telephone."

至少他老是口袋里揣着赛马的名单,常常在电话里提到一些马儿的名字。”

"He was a great manager," the boy said. "My father thinks he was the greatest."

“他是个伟大的经理,”孩子说。“我爸爸认为他是顶伟大的。”

"Because he came here the most times," the old man said.

“这是因为他来这儿的次数最多,”老人说。

"If Durocher had continued to come here each year your father would think him the greatest manager.

“要是多罗彻继续每年来这儿,你爸爸就会认为他是顶伟大的经理了。”

"Who is the greatest manager, really, Luque or Mike Gonzalez?"

“说真的,谁是顶伟大的经理,卢克还是迈克·冈萨雷斯?”

"I think they are equal."

“我认为他们不相上下。”

"And the best fisherman is you."

“顶好的渔夫是你。”

"No. I know others better."

“不。我知道有不少比我强的。”

"Que Va," the boy said.

“哪里!”孩子说。

"There are many good fishermen and some great ones. But there is only you."

“好渔夫很多,还有些很了不起的。不过顶呱呱的只有你。”

"Thank you. You make me happy.

“谢谢你。你说得叫我高兴。

I hope no fish will come along so great that he will prove us wrong."

我希望不要来一条挺大的鱼,叫我对付不了,那样就说明我们讲错啦。”

"There is no such fish if you are still strong as you say."

“这种鱼是没有的,只要你还是象你说的那样强壮。”

"I may not be as strong as I think," the old man said.

“我也许不象我自以为的那样强壮了,”老人说。

"But I know many tricks and I have resolution."

“可是我懂得不少窍门,而且有决心。”

"You ought to go to bed now so that you will be fresh in the morning.

“你该就去睡觉,这样明儿早上才精神饱满。

I will take the things back to the Terrace."

我要把这些东西送回露台饭店。”

"Good night then. I will wake you in the morning."

“那么祝你晚安。早上我去叫醒你。”

"You're my alarm clock," the boy said.

“你是我的闹钟,”孩子说。

"Age is my alarm clock," the old man said.

“年纪是我的闹钟,”老人说。

"Why do old men wake so early? Is it to have one longer day?"

“为什么老头儿醒得特别早?难道是要让白天长些吗?”

"I don't know," the boy said.

“我说不上来,”孩子说。

"All I know is that young boys sleep late and hard."

“我只知道少年睡得沉,起得晚。”

"I can remember it," the old man said.

“我记在心上,”老人说。

"I'll waken you in time."

“到时候会去叫醒你的。”

"I do not like for him to waken me. It is as though I were inferior."

“我不愿让船主人来叫醒我。这样似乎我比他差劲了。”

"I know."

“我懂。”

"Sleep well old man." The boy went out.

“安睡吧,老大爷。”孩子走出屋去。

They had eaten with no light on the table and the old man took off his trousers and went to bed in the dark.

他们刚才吃饭的时候,桌子上没点灯,老人就脱了长裤,摸黑上了床。

He rolled his trousers up to make a pillow, putting the newspaper inside them.

他把长裤卷起来当枕头,把那张报纸塞在里头。

He rolled himself in the blanket and slept on the other old newspapers that covered the springs of the bed.

他用毯子裹住了身子,在弹簧垫上铺着的其他旧报纸上睡下了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
inferior [in'fiəriə]

想一想再看

adj. 次等的,较低的,不如的

联想记忆
resolution [.rezə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 决心,决定,坚决,决议,解决,分辨率

联想记忆
terrace ['terəs]

想一想再看

n. 平台,阳台,梯田 vt. 使成梯田,给 ... 建

联想记忆
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆
trousers ['trauzəz]

想一想再看

n. 裤子

 
blanket ['blæŋkit]

想一想再看

n. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,

 
mast [mɑ:st]

想一想再看

n. 船桅,旗杆,天线杆 abbr. 磁性环形激波管(风

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 001 一条鱼也没打到 2024-08-05
  • 002 饭店谈心 2024-08-07
  • 003 回到窝棚 2024-08-09
  • 004 夜间闲谈 2024-08-12
  • 005 好心的老板马丁 2024-08-16
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。