手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

治感冒的新鲜果汁(下)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Art and his dad pay for the apples and head to the West African store.

阿特和爸爸付钱买了苹果,然后就去西非商店。

“Sir, do you have any ginger?” asks Art.

“先生,你有姜卖吗?”阿特说。

“A man just bought the last piece I had,” Mr. Abiodun says.

“一个男人刚刚买走了最后一块姜。”阿比奥登先生说。

Art throws up his hands. “But we’ve been looking for ginger forever!”

阿特扬起手:“我们找姜找了好久了!”

“I am sorry. Take some oranges. They’ve got vitamin C.

“不好意思,要不买点橙子吧,橙子有维生素C,

If you are fighting a cold, they will help.”

要是你想治感冒,橙子也有用。”

Art and his dad walk back to the train station, where they get an unwelcome surprise.

阿特和爸爸走回车站,在那里他们得到了一个不好的惊喜。

Daddy sits down to rest.

爸爸坐下来休息。

Art says, “Now how are we gonna get home with no train?”

阿特说:“没有车,我们怎么回去啊?”

“Hey, y’all!” Art’s stepfather, Dhillon, rolls to a stop.

“嘿,阿特!”阿特的继父迪伦把车停下,

“What are you doing sitting here?”

“你们坐在这里干什么?”

Daddy sneezes into a handkerchief.

爸爸捂着手巾打了个喷嚏。

“What’s up, Dhillon? Good to see you.

“你好,迪伦,很高兴见到你。

The train station is closed,

车站关了,

and we’ve been trying to get some ginger all day to fight Daddy’s cold,” Art says.

我们一整天都在找姜给爸爸治感冒。”阿特说,

“We’ve been to the farmer’s market, the co-op, and the corner store.”

“我们去了农贸市场、合作社,还有街边的小商店。”

“Well, you’re in luck,” Dhillon says.

“哈,你们运气好,”迪伦说,

“I can give you two a ride home in my car,

“我可以开车顺道送你们回家,

and I just bought the last of Mr. Abiodun’s ginger.”

而且我刚刚买了阿比奥登先生的最后一块姜。”

Art’s face lights up. “Wow! You did?

阿特的脸色亮了起来:“哇!真的吗?

We want to make fresh juice.”

我们想做新鲜果汁。”

“Okay! We can test out my new juicer setup,” says Dhillon.

“可以啊!我们可以试试我刚买的果汁机。”迪伦说。

At the house, Mama gives Art a hug.

在了家里,妈妈给了阿特一个拥抱。

There are some familiar faces from the market.

家里还有市场上的一些熟人。

“Did you find your ginger, honey?” asks Mrs. Johnson.

“你找到姜了吗,宝贝?”约翰逊太太说。

Art says, “Yup, and we got some more goodies to make juice!”

阿特说:“找到了,我们还买了很多东西做果汁!”

After the grown-ups clean, peel, and trim the ingredients, Art puts some of the greens, carrots, and oranges into the juicer.

大人们把食材洗干净、削皮、修剪了之后,阿特把绿叶菜、胡萝卜、橙子放进了果汁机。

His mom adds the ginger and some apples.

妈妈放入了姜和一些苹果。

Dhillon says, “Check this out!

迪伦说:“看着!

When I ride my bike, the generator makes electricity to run the juicer.”

我一蹬自行车,发电机就会发电,让果汁机开始榨汁。”

Everyone cheers as he pedals and the juicer gets going.

他蹬着脚踏板时,大家都在给他加油,果汁机就开始运行了。

When it’s done, Art sprinkles in a pinch of cayenne pepper and shares the juice with everyone.

做完果汁后,阿特撒了一小撮红辣椒,把果汁分给大家。

“That cayenne sure adds a kick to it,” Abbas says.

“这红辣椒真够劲的。”阿巴斯说。

“Yeah! The oranges and apples make it sweet, though,” says Daddy.

“是的,橙子和苹果又很甜。”爸爸说。

“What do we call this, Art?” Mama asks.

“这果汁应该叫什么名字呢,阿特?”妈妈问道。

“Cold-clobbering juice!” he shouts.

“感冒驱散果汁!”他叫道。

The next morning, Art asks his dad, “How do you feel?”

第二天早上,阿特问爸爸:“你感觉怎么样?”

“Great! We got our juice!

“喝了果汁,我感觉好多了!

But a little support from our community really made the difference.

街坊邻居们提供的小小帮助也起了大作用。

If we keep helping each other out, we might not ever get sick.”

要是我们继续互帮互助,我们可能永远不会病倒。”

I love reading so much, and I especially love this book.

我超喜欢阅读,尤其喜欢这本书。

One of the reasons why I love this book so much is because it talks about the importance of community.

我喜欢这本书的一个原因是,这本书讲了街坊社区的重要性。

Together we can do so many things

团结起来,我们可以做很多事,

and it’s great to rely on others for help when you need it.

当你需要帮助的时候,向他人求助也是很好的。

Also, fruits and vegetables will keep the body strong.

还有,水果和蔬菜会让身体保持强壮,

It’s actually healing.

实际上还有治病的作用。

And if we eat fruits and vegetables in a healthy diet, we can live longer, run faster, and be a better human being.

如果我们吃水果和蔬菜这种健康饮食,我们就能活得更长、跑得更快、成为更好的人。

Thank you for watching Storyline Online.

感谢观看《明星为您读绘本》,

Make sure to check out all of our stories.

请一定要观看我们的所有故事。

Keep watching and keep reading.

请保持观看,保持阅读。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unwelcome [ʌn'welkəm]

想一想再看

adj. 不受欢迎的 n. 冷淡

 
generator ['dʒenəreitə]

想一想再看

n. 发电机,发生器

联想记忆
peel [pi:l]

想一想再看

n. 果皮
vt. 削皮,剥落
vi

 
trim [trim]

想一想再看

n. 整齐,装饰,修剪下来的部分
adj. 整

 
healing ['hi:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 康复,复原 adj. 有治疗功用的

 
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
pinch [pintʃ]

想一想再看

n. 捏,一撮,少量,困苦,偷窃
vt. 掐,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 圣诞精灵回忆录(上) 2024-12-24
  • 圣诞精灵回忆录(下) 2024-12-26
  • 荷花与羽毛(上) 2024-12-31
  • 荷花与羽毛(下) 2025-01-02
  • 治感冒的新鲜果汁(上) 2025-01-07
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。