Once wed to Alys Karstark, Hoat might be a lord in truth.
只要娶亚丽·卡史塔克小姐为妻,山羊就能成为名副其实的领主老爷。
If he could collect some gold from your father so much the better,
他想从你父亲那边敲诈一笔,
but he would have delivered you to Lord Rickard no matter how much Lord Tywin paid.
然后把你卖给瑞卡德大人。
His price would be the maid, and safe refuge.
他要的是那位少女,是避难所。”
“But to sell you he must keep you, and the riverlands are full of those who would gladly steal you away.
“想卖你,首先要保住你,而河间地处处有危机。
Glover and Tallhart were broken at Duskendale, but remnants of their host are still abroad, with the Mountain slaughtering the stragglers.
葛洛佛和陶哈在暮临厅大败,他们的部队四散溃逃,遭到魔山的追杀;
A thousand Karstarks prowl the lands south and east of Riverrun, hunting you.
一千名卡史塔克的部众为了抓你,朝奔流城东、南两个方向持续搜索;
Elsewhere are Darry men left lordless and lawless, packs of four-footed wolves, and the lightning lord’s outlaw bands.
此外还有无主无地的戴瑞家部众,越来越猖狂的狼群和闪电大王率领的土匪。
Dondarrion would gladly hang you and the goat together from the same tree.”
说真的,要给唐德利恩逮住,他会把你和山羊吊死在同一棵树上。”
The Lord of the Dreadfort sopped up some of the blood with a chunk of bread.
恐怖堡伯爵用面包块去吸餐盘里的血。
“Harrenhal was the only place Lord Vargo could hope to hold you safe,
“只有把你关在赫伦堡,他才能放心地做交易,
but here his Brave Companions are much outnumbered by my own men, and by Ser Aenys and his Freys.
可在此地,他的勇士团不仅比我的人少,甚至连伊尼斯爵士的人也比不上。
No doubt he feared I might return you to Ser Edmure at Riverrun … or worse, send you on to your father.
毫无疑问,他害怕我把你送还给奔流城的艾德慕……甚至把你还给你父亲。”
“By maiming you, he meant to remove your sword as a threat,
“但弄残了你,他一举达到三个目的:
gain himself a grisly token to send to your father, and diminish your value to me.
除去潜在的威胁,给你父亲一个恐怖的信物,抵消了你对我的价值——
For he is my man, as I am King Robb’s man.
他是我的人,我是罗柏国王的人,
Thus his crime is mine, or may seem so in your father’s eyes.
如果要问罪,得先找到我头上。
And therein lies my … small difficulty.”
所以你看……这就是我的小麻烦。”
He gazed at Jaime, his pale eyes unblinking, expectant, chill.
他盯着詹姆,淡色的眼睛半点不眨,充满暗示,充满寒意。
I see.
我明白了。
“You want me to absolve you of blame.
“你要我为你洗刷,
To tell my father that this stump is no work of yours.”
你要我告诉父亲这一切不关你的事,”
Jaime laughed.
詹姆哈哈大笑,
“My lord, send me to Cersei, and I’ll sing as sweet a song as you could want, of how gently you treated me.”
“大人,把我送到瑟曦身边,我会尽我所能地大吹法螺,歌颂你对我的优待。”
Any other answer, he knew, and Bolton would give him back to the goat.
他明白,只消说个不字,波顿会立刻把他丢还给山羊。
“Had I a hand, I’d write it out.
“如果我的手还在,我现在就写信。
How I was maimed by the sellsword my own father brought to Westeros, and saved by the noble Lord Bolton.”
告诉父亲,我是如何被他飘洋过海请来的佣兵所伤害,又是如何被高贵的波顿老爷拯救的。”
“I will trust to your word, ser.”
“我相信你的承诺,爵士。”
There’s something I don’t often hear.
这话可稀罕。
“How soon might we be permitted to leave?
“那么,你打算何时放我?
And how do you mean to get me past all these wolves and brigands and Karstarks?”
又如何保护我免遭狼群、土匪和卡史塔克的毒手呢?”
“You will leave when Qyburn says you are strong enough, with a strong escort of picked men under the command of my captain, Walton.
“科本说你能上路时,我才会送你走,并由我的侍卫队长沃顿亲率大批精兵跟随保护。
Steelshanks, he is called.
他外号‘铁腿’,
A soldier of iron loyalty.
是个钢铁般忠诚的士兵,
Walton will see you safe and whole to King’s Landing.”
会确保你平安无恙地返回君临。”
“Provided Lady Catelyn’s daughters are delivered safe and whole as well,” said the wench.
“还得确保把凯特琳夫人的女儿们平安无恙地送回来,”妞儿提醒,
“My lord, your man Walton’s protection is welcome, but the girls are my charge.”
“大人,感谢您请沃顿先生前来保护,但归还女孩是我的责任。”
The Lord of the Dreadfort gave her an uninterested glance.
波顿大人漠不关心地扫了她一眼。
“The girls need not concern you any further, my lady.
“小姐,那两个女孩不关你的事。
The Lady Sansa is the dwarf’s wife, only the gods can part them now.”
珊莎小姐已是小恶魔的夫人,只有诸神能将他们分开。”
“His wife?”
“夫人?”
Brienne said, appalled.
布蕾妮很惊讶,
“The Imp?
“小恶魔的夫人?
But … he swore, before the whole court, in sight of gods and men …”
可他……他在朝堂上发过誓,满朝文武和诸神均能作证……”
She is such an innocent.
好个天真的孩子。
Jaime was almost as surprised, if truth be told, but he hid it better.
其实,詹姆吃惊的程度不亚于她,但他知道隐藏。
Sansa Stark, that ought to put a smile on Tyrion’s face.
珊莎·史塔克,希望你将欢笑带给提利昂。
He remembered how happy his brother had been with his little crofter’s daughter … for a fortnight.
他记得弟弟和农夫的小女孩共度的快乐时光……即便为时只有半月。
“What the Imp did or did not swear scarcely matters now,” said Lord Bolton.
“小恶魔发誓与否都毫无关系,”波顿大人宣布,
“Least of all to you.”
“尤其和您没关系。”
The wench looked almost wounded.
听罢此言,妞儿似乎很受伤,
Perhaps she finally felt the steel jaws of the trap when Roose Bolton beckoned to his guards.
当卢斯·波顿挥手示意守卫上前时,或许她终于意识到陷阱的钢牙已经牢牢合拢。
“Ser Jaime will continue on to King’s Landing.
“既然詹姆爵士决定继续往君临的旅程,
I said nothing about you, I fear.
您恐怕就得留下来,
It would be unconscionable of me to deprive Lord Vargo of both his prizes.”
我不能把瓦格大人的两件战利品同时剥夺掉。”
The Lord of the Dreadfort reached out to pick another prune.
恐怖堡伯爵拿起又一块李子脯,
“Were I you, my lady, I should worry less about Starks and rather more about sapphires.”
“如果我是您,小姐,我不会在意史塔克,而该担心蓝宝石的事。”