“Only a penny for each, ah … act.
“呃……做一次一个铜板。
The King’s Hand felt it might help improve the morals of the city.”
首相大人认为如此可以提升都城的道德水准。”
And pay for Joffrey’s wedding besides.
真实目的是为乔佛里的婚礼筹款。
Needless to say, as master of coin, Tyrion had gotten all the blame for it.
不消说,作为财政大臣,人民所有的不满都会发泄到提利昂身上。
Bronn said they were calling it the dwarf’s penny in the streets.
据波隆讲,大街小巷都将这称为“侏儒的铜板”。
“Spread your legs for the Halfman, now,”
“张开双腿吧,婊子,为了半人!”
they were shouting in the brothels and wine sinks, if the sellsword could be believed.
妓院和酒馆里,人们如此笑骂。
“I will make certain to keep my pouch full of pennies.
“看来我得带上一荷包铜板,
Even a prince must pay his taxes.”
亲王与庶民都要守法嘛。”
“Why should you need to go whoring?”
“您用得着劳师动众地去那种地方?”
He glanced back to where Ellaria Sand rode among the other women.
提利昂瞥瞥身后和其他女人走在一起的艾拉莉亚·沙德,
“Did you tire of your paramour on the road?”
“莫非您在旅途中厌倦了她?”
“Never.
“怎么可能?
We share too much.”
我和她亲密无间,有福同享,”
Prince Oberyn shrugged.
奥柏伦耸耸肩,
“We have never shared a beautiful blonde woman, however, and Ellaria is curious.
“说真的,我们还没同享过漂亮的金发妞儿呢,艾拉莉亚对此一直耿耿于怀,
Do you know of such a creature?”
你知道上哪儿去找这路货色吗?”
“I am a man wedded.”
“我是个结了婚的人。”
Though not yet bedded.
虽然没有圆房。
“I no longer frequent whores.”
“可不会上妓院鬼混。”
Unless I want to see them hanged.
除非想见她们给吊死。
Oberyn abruptly changed the subject.
奥柏伦突然转变话题,
“It’s said there are to be seventy-seven dishes served at the king’s wedding feast.”
“据说,国王的婚宴上有七十七道大餐?”
“Are you hungry, my prince?”
“您可是饿了,亲王殿下?”
“I have hungered for a long time.
“我饿了很久,
Though not for food.
但不是为吃的。
Pray tell me, when will the justice be served?”
请你告诉我,你们许诺的‘正义’何时才能实现?”
“Justice.”
“正义。”
Yes, that is why he’s here, I should have seen that at once.
没错,他当然是为这个来的,我早该明白。
“You were close to your sister?”
“想必您和令姐很要好?”
“As children Elia and I were inseparable, much like your own brother and sister.”
“我和伊莉亚从小就在一起,形影不离,就像你哥哥和你姐姐。”
Gods, I hope not.
是吗?希望不要。
“Wars and weddings have kept us well occupied, Prince Oberyn.
“奥柏伦亲王殿下,这阵子,战争和婚姻的事让我们忙得不可开交,
I fear no one has yet had the time to look into murders sixteen years stale, dreadful as they were.
暂时无暇顾及十六年前那桩可怕的谋杀,如有怠慢之处,鄙人深表歉意。
We shall, of course, just as soon as we may.
我保证,只等时机合适,会即刻作出处理。
Any help that Dorne might be able to provide to restore the king’s peace would only hasten the beginning of my lord father’s inquiry—”
同时,多恩领主为维护王国统一所作出的任何贡献,都将有助于提升我父亲大人查案的精力和速度——”
“Dwarf,” said the Red Viper, in a tone grown markedly less cordial,
“侏儒,”红毒蛇深沉而冷淡地叫道,
“spare me your Lannister lies.
“我对你们兰尼斯特的谎言毫无兴趣。
Is it sheep you take us for, or fools?
你以为我们是好欺负的绵羊,还是没脑袋的傻瓜?
My brother is not a bloodthirsty man, but neither has he been asleep for sixteen years.
我哥哥并不嗜血,但这十六年来,他也并非在睡大觉。
Jon Arryn came to Sunspear the year after Robert took the throne, and you can be sure that he was questioned closely.
劳勃夺取王位的第二年,琼恩·艾林前来阳戟城,
Him, and a hundred more.
我们上百遍地责难他、质询他。
I did not come for some mummer’s show of an inquiry.
我告诉你!要由我做主,才不关心什么调查作戏,
I came for justice for Elia and her children, and I will have it.
只要为伊莉亚和她的孩子们复仇,复仇!
Starting with this lummox Gregor Clegane … but not, I think, ending there.
首先宰了那蠢笨如牛的格雷果·克里冈……但是,事情并非到此为止。
Before he dies, the Enormity That Rides will tell me whence came his orders, please assure your lord father of that.”
杀掉这混账以前,我要问出幕后主使,告诉你,最好不要让我知道是你父亲,”
He smiled.
他笑了,
“An old septon once claimed I was living proof of the goodness of the gods.
“有个老修士曾说,我的出生真是诸神的大慈悲,
Do you know why that is, Imp?”
你知道这什么意思吗,小恶魔大人?”
“No,” Tyrion admitted warily.
“不知道。”提利昂小心翼翼地回答。
“Why, if the gods were cruel, they would have made me my mother’s firstborn, and Doran her third.
“哼,如果诸神想要作弄世人,就该让我成为长子,而道朗当三子。
I am a bloodthirsty man, you see.
你也看见了,我是嗜血如命的。
And it is me you must contend with now, not my patient, prudent, and gouty brother.”
怎么样,你要对付的是我,而不是我那多病、谨慎、衰老的哥哥。”
Tyrion could see the sun shining on the Blackwater Rush half a mile ahead, and on the walls and towers and hills of King’s Landing beyond.
前方半里处,阳光在黑水河上照耀,也洒在河对岸君临城的墙垒、塔堡和殿堂上。
He glanced over his shoulder, at the glittering column following them up the kingsroad.
提利昂回头,望着沿国王大道跟随而行的大队人马。
“You speak like a man with a great host at his back,” he said,
“听您口气,倒像手握重兵的元帅,”他说,
“yet all I see are three hundred.
“但我仔细数了数,您不过带来三百人。
Do you spy that city there, north of the river?”
请您瞧瞧河对面,看见什么了吗?”