I met him last week.
我上周遇见了他。
We went on a couple of dates and I thought we really hit it off.
我们约会了几次,我觉得我们真的很合得来。
I was sure that he was going to pop the question.
我确信他准备求婚了。
He even got down on one knee, but that's just because he dropped something.
他甚至都单膝跪地了,但只是因为他的东西掉在地上了。
I'm ready to take the plunge, but I think he's ghosting me.
我已经准备好迈出这一步了,但我觉得他好像和我断联了。
What should I do?
我该怎么办?
Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
In today's Mini English Lesson, we're going to review different relationship expressions.
在今天的迷你英语课中,我们将看看不同的关系表达。
Now, I used a lot of those in that story.
我在故事中用了很多这样的表达。
First, I said 'to go on a couple of dates.'
首先,我说“去约会几次”。
This is basically the talking stage. It's when you get to know someone.
这基本上就是聊天的阶段。你在了解一个人。
Then I use the expression 'to hit it off', which means to connect with someone or to have good chemistry with that person.
然后我用了“合得来”这个表达,意思是与某人心意相通,或者与某人有很好的化学反应。
Then I said that he was going to 'pop the question.'
然后我说他打算“求婚”了。
To pop the question is when someone asks another to marry them.
求婚就是一个人向另一个人提出结婚的请求。
I also use the expression to 'get down on one knee.'
我也用了“单膝下跪”这个表达。
People usually get down on one knee to ask someone to marry them. It's very romantic.
人们通常单膝下跪,向某人求婚。非常浪漫。
I also used the expression 'to take the plunge.'
我也用了“迈出这一步”这个表达。
It usually means to take a big risk, and in this context, marriage.
它通常表示冒很大的风险,在这里指的是婚姻。
And lastly, ghosting.
最后,“幽灵式消失/断联”。
It basically means that someone stops replying to your messages.
这基本上表示某人不再回复你的消息。
If you don't know what that means, you're lucky.
如果你不知道这是什么意思,那么你是幸运的。
And there you have it.
这样你就学会了。
Now you can talk to your therapist about your love life using the right expressions.
现在你可以用正确的表达和你的治疗师谈谈你的恋爱生活了。