Man: Good morning. Marketing Department. Peter Menzies speaking.
早上好。我是市场部的彼得·曼兹。
Woman: Hello. Could I speak to John Fitzgerald, please?
你好。请问约翰·菲茨杰拉德在吗?
Man: I'm afraid he's not in the office at the moment.
恐怕他现在不在办公室。
Woman: Well, this is Elizabeth Parnell calling. I wanted to talk to John about the meeting next week.
我是伊丽莎白·帕内尔。我想和约翰谈谈下周开会的事。
You see, I only get back on Tuesday night from a trade fair in the States.
你知道,我要到星期二晚上才能从美国的一个商品交易会回来。
Man: So, would you like me to give him a message?
那你想让我给他传一下话吗?
Woman: Yes, could you ask him if we can postpone Wednesday's meeting?
好的,你能问他我们能否推迟星期三的会议吗?
Till after lunch. That would be easier. It was originally going to be at ten a.m.
推迟到午饭之后就行。那就容易多了。原本的会议时间是上午十点。
Man: OK. I'll ask him to change it. I'll get back to you with a time.
好的。我会让他改一下时间。我过一会儿再打给你。
Woman: Thanks. And could you also ask him to add another item for discussion at the meeting?
谢谢。你能不能请他再加一个会议议题?
I thought we were going to talk about the revised budgets - but I can't see this on the agenda.
我原以为我们要讨论修改后的预算问题,但我没有在议程上看到这一项。
Man: OK. I'd better ask him to call you...
好的,我最好让他给你打个电话...
Woman: Yes, please. I'm at Head Office at the moment. Can he phone me here today - I won't be back at my own desk until tomorrow afternoon.
好的,谢谢。我现在在总部办公室。他今天能把电话打到这里吗?我要到明天下午才能回到自己的办公室。
Man: Right, I'll give him the message.
好的。我会告诉他的。
Woman: Thanks.
谢谢。
Man: Bye.
再见。
Woman: Goodbye.
再见。